Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 15-07-2013 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Left a heavy book on my keypad today on my pc for a While now the screen . I.e the landscape is sideways and the pc is shutting down every time you reboot it ?? Help .
    Hope I'm in the right section !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,537 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ctrl+arrow button to rotate it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Thanks but won't even let me get that far ,the landscape dissapears after
    About 10 seconds before its loaded and shuts down !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Are you talking about a laptop?

No desk pc

Turn the keyboard upside down and shake it, some keys are sticking.
    Alternatively there is a virtual keyboard in win 7 (prob 8 aswell) unplug the keyboard and use the mouse

Open On-Screen Keyboard by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking On-Screen Keyboard.

• Advertisement

Nothing - swapped keyboard and still keeps shutting down and still sideways for a few seconds before it goes in to reboot mode !

put the new keyboard on a different usb port and reboot the pc.
    When it start booting, repeatedly hit the f8 key.
    This should open a menu that lets you choose "last known good configuration"
    Choose that
    see what happens
    cross your fingers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

If that fails too, then make sure the PC is powered down. Unplug from the mains and then press and hold the power button in for 30seconds. After 30 seconds, release and then plug it back in and try to power on. Hopefully this will have sorted it.

Advertisement