Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to order tackle online?

Options
  • 15-07-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

^Exactly what it says on the tin. Can anybody suggest any online tackle shops with a large range of products that would deliver to Ireland that are reliable? I always use my local tackle shop, but they don't have a few things I'd like to get my hands on. All suggestions welcome. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

www.fishingmegastore.co.uk
    www.mullarkeys.co.uk

A few I've used and never had trouble with them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

Someone put up a link here last year to a Polish website. Loads of gear and dirt cheap. Cant remember the site

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

EireIceMan wrote: »
    Someone put up a link here last year to a Polish website. Loads of gear and dirt cheap. Cant remember the site

I get a lot of lures from lureshop.eu they are based in Estonia I think and are very good for postage cost and lures are far cheaper
    What exactly are u looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

realrebel wrote: »
    I get a lot of lures from lureshop.eu they are based in Estonia I think and are very good for postage cost and lures are far cheaper
    Excellent, I just had a quick look on there and I have to say I'm very impressed with what I saw.

I'm looking for a specific reel, that was recommended to me. It's called the "Shimano Technium FC 4000". Ever hear of it?

It wasn't on Fishingmegastore or Mullarkeys FWIW :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

Excellent, I just had a quick look on there and I have to say I'm very impressed with what I saw.

I'm looking for a specific reel, that was recommended to me. It's called the "Shimano Technium FC 4000". Ever hear of it?

You could try dan lynch at the halfway in cork I think his website is called tackledirectireland.com but it might not be on his site but he has a unbeliveable selection and if he doesn't have it could order it
    He does a lot of shimano reels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

You could try dan lynch at the halfway in cork I think his website is called tackledirectireland.com but it might not be on his site but he has a unbeliveable selection and if he doesn't have it could order it
    He does a lot of shimano reels
    I think it changed to www.tackledirectireland.ie a while back. Its the best stocked shop ive seen and as realrebel says, if he doesnt have it he should be able to get it in. He normally works out the same or cheaper than the uk shops when you add in the p&p and exchange rate. His customer service is 2nd to none so if you were unlucky enough to have any issues with a purchase your in good hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

For that reel try veals in the UK, they tend to do the more upmarket stuff..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

This chap is very reliable and knowledgable. Based in Co. Clare, but online shop below.

http://fishingtackleireland.ie/epages/950002555.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002555/Categories

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fecky the Ninth

Henrys tackle shop based in Dublin have the reel you're looking for.

http://www.henrystackleshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/1675/osCsid/867910f279f71993c9bcfe8e9ced8e50

Thanks v. much for going through the hassle of looking.

In the end, I ordered it off this site - http://www.lureheaven.co.uk/spinning-lure-fishing-shop/shimano-technium-4000-fc-n2.html

I've never heard of them myself, should be here within a week. With P+P, it works out around €10 cheaper than the Henry link. So not bad.

The Lureshop.eu is very impressive also, I might order a few bits and bobs off them. Usually get most of the lures at the local tackle shop though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

For the sake of €10 i would have bought it local. Much easier to sort out any issues if the reel has a fault. If you had called henrys he might even have matched the online price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I find postage with Henry to be too expense.

.red. wrote: »
    For the sake of €10 i would have bought it local. Much easier to sort out any issues if the reel has a fault. If you had called henrys he might even have matched the online price.
    Didn't see Henry's link until after I ordered the reel. Pending cost of packaging I would have probably have gone with Henry's. But another poster has said the cost is a bit high.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Southside
    They are great!

Didn't see Henry's link until after I ordered the reel. Pending cost of packaging I would have probably have gone with Henry's. But another poster has said the cost is a bit high.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marshyc

Hi guys i use the parcel motel when ordering from uk tackle shops most of them do free p&p to a Uk/NI address then parcel motel only charge €3.50 to your chosen collection point :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭He Who Dares Wins

Anybody else have any trouble accessing the site lureshop.eu?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭He Who Dares Wins

Can you post a link, do they sell the like of zalts, bulldawgs, ace helltails?

It's working again - http://www.lureshop.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Henry is good,hes a no nonsense man and doesnt bullsh!t you.

If there is a prolem,then he does his upmost to solve the problem.

He values his customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

paddy147 wrote: »
    Henry is good,hes a no nonsense man and doesnt bullsh!t you.

If there is a prolem,then he does his upmost to solve the problem.

He values his customers.

He's also more expensive than most. But maybe that's the price for good problem resolution.

• Advertisement

He's also more expensive than most. But maybe that's the price for good problem resolution.

He has looked after alot of the competition anglers and Irish lads going off to the world shore angling championships through the years.....myself included.

Hes a good man and hes good to deal with.

You can also haggle with him too.:)

For anyone who isnt near a tackle shop but who is near a Woodies DIY.....

Woodies now sell fishing rods,reels and tackle.

The rods and reels are fairly basic (kinda flimsey would be my honest description of them) but some of the lures and feathers are of reasonably good quality.

Might be an option for anyone who is near a Woodies or who might be on a trip/holiday down the country fishing,and needs a few extra lures or a set of feathers.

Advertisement