Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with bouncy castle supplier

Options
  • 15-07-2013 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Very dissappointed with <SNIP>. Ordered bouncy castle but when it was removed our property was damaged. Rang to complain but very unprofessional.. My advice would be to use someone else. Not worth the abuse you have to deal with after.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Borini wrote: »
    Very dissappointed with <SNIP>. Ordered bouncy castle but when it was removed our property was damaged. Rang to complain but very unprofessional.. My advice would be to use someone else. Not worth the abuse you have to deal with after.

We all have a bad experience with a company sometime.
    Don't use yours to warp other people's possible decision to use the company. It's unfair to tarnish a business because of one bad instance.

So I will kindly not consider your "advice" for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well what do you expect, that Borini should just keep their experience to themself? I am grateful to be able to access stories like that, so that I can be aware of the issue should I ever plan to use a business like that. You judge a business based on how they treat you, usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

what kind of damage OP? what did you ask for and what was the response?

Im not in the market for bouncy castles, but Im all for naming and shaming for bad service, if the OP feels they got a bad response it doesnt say much for the business and they should keep it in mind when dealing with customers.

Well what do you expect, that Borini should just keep their experience to themself? I am grateful to be able to access stories like that, so that I can be aware of the issue should I ever plan to use a business like that. You judge a business based on how they treat you, usually.

No not at all.

When people say "Ive had a bad experience, don't use them".
    IT drives me up the wall.

A bit more info would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

No not at all.

When people say "Ive had a bad experience, don't use them".
    IT drives me up the wall.

A bit more info would be nice.

How can they not use them? the complaint is post usage

Why are you highlighting "IT" and "advice"?

Some more info wouldn't go astray, but usually genuine irate customers are prepared to make their complaint heard, even if the business that offered the service wont listen.
    I'm more inclined to think that people that are trying to extract a few euro off the price are less willing to follow that up as it doesn't involve much annoyance.

• Advertisement

OK,
    I meant that I hate when people say "Don't use X company" when they haven't provided a proper reason.
    Hence I would like some more info from OP.

So let me re-phrase my original post.

OP, you've had a bad experience with the company. I accept that. But. Before you tell people to not use their service, I would like a bit more info.
    What was the damage?
    What did the company say?
    Did they offer any sort of compensation?

Or are you over reacting about the grass in your garden being flattened?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Borini

OK,
    I meant that I hate when people say "Don't use X company" when they haven't provided a proper reason.
    Hence I would like some more info from OP.

So let me re-phrase my original post.

OP, you've had a bad experience with the company. I accept that. But. Before you tell people to not use their service, I would like a bit more info.
    What was the damage?
    What did the company say?
    Did they offer any sort of compensation?

Or are you over reacting about the grass in your garden being flattened?

The damage that was done was to the front door sill that has heavily scrapped from the hand truck... While not obviously noticeable it is frustrating that the new door that was installed 9 months ago Will never be the same. The real damage was to the door handle to the inside doors When the driver was collecting castle after the weekend no care wad taken which resulted in the door handle being snapped in two. When the driver was contacted i was told that he would get back to me. Several hours later still nothing back so i rang main number. Was told it was my fault as we asked for delivery through the house. Asked for video evidence and was generally very abrupt to myself and wife. I had thought from using a reputable company that they would be professional with the delivery and customer service upon complaining. This is why i would advise people to stay well clear. There should be 2 people delivering this equipment and there customer service was non existent in my experience. As another poster said when using a new service or choosing between services such as this i think any negative experience would be helpful for anyone considering to go with this company that i would like to name and shame

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

That does sound bad.
    I'd get a letter off to them with pictures of the damage and what you want done. I'm sure they are covered by insurance.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    That does sound bad.
    I'd get a letter off to them with pictures of the damage and what you want done. I'm sure they are covered by insurance.

They didn't want to know.. Complete lack of customer service. Even contacted them via their Facebook page but deleted comments. Had to swap the handle with another internal door that we have permanently locked as we need access. Spent last few weeks looking for an exact replacement. Would like to name and shame but the mods have removed which i only noticed yesterday

Is there a reasonably why some businesses are named and shamed and others not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Those three magic little words; small claims court.

Those three magic little words; small claims court.

I did think of that option but didn't think it wad worth the hassle. Repairable damage probably around 50 quid for the internal door. The external door sill is part of the door frame and the damage is cosmetic. I had invited the company to come and view the damage but claimed it wasn't their problem. It is now mine because i chose this company that i thought was reputable.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Is there a reasonably why some businesses are named and shamed and others not.

Yes - you are making some unfounded statements about the company, which leaves me wary of having them named.

dudara

dudara wrote: »
    Yes - you are making some unfounded statements about the company, which leaves me wary of having them named.

dudara

I thought the purpose of a forum especially a consumer issue forum is the voice ones opinion. I have provided more detailed information about the reasoning about what damage and what reactions i received. I reason was to vent yes but the main reason was to make people wary of the company.

I thought the purpose of a forum especially a consumer issue forum is the voice ones opinion. I have provided more detailed information about the reasoning about what damage and what reactions i received. I reason was to vent yes but the main reason was to make people wary of the company.

In fairness, your original post read like a disgruntled competitor rather than an annoyed customer.

In fairness, your original post read like a disgruntled competitor rather than an annoyed customer.

Fair enough but the event had just happened and when the full details were provided the company name was snipped. Its only when i went to edit text that i noticed it. While i have been member for over 12 months i hadn't had a reason to post. I have tried to upload a pic from my phone but it won't attach picture.

Please see damage that <SNIP> did to my internal door. If this isn't proof of a disgruntled customer I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Can you make a claim against their insurance? I honestly don't know how out works but I'd you get a plumber in and you get flooded, you claim, not sure how the company can just say' not my problem.

I don't think the small claims court can help as you were supplied the service you asked for but toy suffered a loss why getting that service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I don't think the small claims court can help as you were supplied the service you asked for but toy suffered a loss why getting that service.

I doubt dmaage to the door knob was part of the contract :pac: SmCC can deal with minor property damage, I presume, under tort and independently of the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

How the hell did they snap that handle off? And not cause half the door to come away also???? I am puzzled...........

• Advertisement
Advertisement