Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

burglars impersonating upc workers

Options
  • 15-07-2013 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

The thread about robberies seems to be closed so I said I'd put this here.

Just a heads up, there's been reports of a group of people impersonating upc workers showing up at peoples house and checking window and doors etc, the gards know about it. There was a small black guy wearing a upc t shirt around the dunmore road toady checking out house. So if someone claiming to be from upc shows up unexpectedly be aware.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Just want to say that there is a guy who works for upc that fits the description you just described he made a scheduled call to my place last year and fixed a problem i had with the upc box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

So this guy who is impersonating UPC personnel is going around casing out houses and if he gets in he fixes UPC boxes whilst he robs your house.........Well at least he does a good deed after a bad deed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I'd say these scammers are capitalising on the fact that UPC have genuine engineers calling to houses. They are rolling out new modem plugs as a lot of the ones they distributed 2-3 years have been discovered to be faulty. I got a call from UPC last week about it, and an engineer came last night and changed the plug. The new one has a power light on it. The old one didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

i had an engineer knock on my door last week informing us that he would be looking at the junction box outside my house, as the box will have to be replaced as its too old. Showed me ID too without having to be asked. Good on them, could just have easily come in and take measurements without saying a word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I wonder if the false UPC guy will be as hard to contact as the real guy?

• Advertisement
Advertisement