Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optimum Nutrition Whey Crisp Bars - Any reviews or anyone tried these?

• 15-07-2013 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

I have tried several types of protein shakes and between one thing and another they do just not agree with me, I don't know if it's the liquid or what but they always make me feel dizzy and nauseous. Of all the brands I tried, I found ON to be best and least offensive on my system.

Yesterday I saw the above bars online and they make for impressive reading with 16grams of whey protein and low fat and low sugar and sound light and pleasant to eat. Has anyone tried them and what do ye think of them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

If whey protein shakes make you ill wouldn't whey protein bars also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

They are a very expensive way to get protein into you.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

They are a very expensive way to get protein into you.

Not what he asked, expense is a relative term :)

Yes, I would assume that they would also give you stomach trouble.

He asked what people thought of them. I think 3 euro for 16 grams of protein is expensive.

You can make your protein bars for a lot less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Yes, I would assume that they would also give you stomach trouble.

Thanks for that, I didn't bother answering the last comment as I didn't request an opinion on the price. I wanted to know how they tasted, if they were easily digested, if they were heavy, were they a good addition to a diet to up protein levels. I'm vegetarian and protein is a nightmare. Beans, chickpeas, lentils don't agree with me at all and I have I'm allergic to eggs so I find the whole protein thing I a bit of a nightmare. I work very in the gym and to follow a clean diet and I would like to see a bit more of a result for all my hardwork. Thanks for your reply.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, I didn't bother answering the last comment as I didn't request an opinion on the price. I wanted to know how they tasted, if they were easily digested, if they were heavy, were they a good addition to a diet to up protein levels.

Your opening post wasn't very specific, you just asked what people think of them. The general answer people receive here is that protein bars are not worth buying as they are expensive for what you get and often laced with crap. Its far better to make your own as they will be better, cheaper and tastier.

The ON ireland website indicates that they only have 16 grams of protein (which would be crap), but from looking around it seems they have 25grams which is a lot better. Buy them if you think they will work for you by all means, but they are gonna hit your wallet pretty hard.

Given your dietary requirements you can get decent amounts of protein from nuts, milk, rice and the like. Milk especially is a great way to get more protein into you.

Advertisement