Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas town centre

Options
  • 15-07-2013 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Just back from holidays. Went to Donegal which I can highly recommend to anyone.

Went looking for parking space in The Diamond in Donegal last Wednesday at about 09h45, and struggled. Why? Because parking is €0.30/hr, compared to €2/hour MINIMUM in Naas ( or at least it was the last time I was up there.). Is it any wonder the centre of Naas is buggered?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

High rent and rates also squeeze businesses out.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Just back from holidays. Went to Donegal which I can highly recommend to anyone.

Went looking for parking space in The Diamond in Donegal last Wednesday at about 09h45, and struggled. Why? Because parking is €0.30/hr, compared to €2/hour MINIMUM in Naas ( or at least it was the last time I was up there.). Is it any wonder the centre of Naas is buggered?

where is it €2 per (& over) in Naas? I parked there today and my €2 got me 3hrs just off the main st - abbey rd I think
    I normally park in Friary street same rate
    In fact i thought in was the rate all over Naas in the council run parking?
    where is this expensive parking? And why would you use it when there's cheaper alternatives available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You've obviously never been to Dublin City?

The reason it cost so much, is because the town is busy.... So how is it 'buggered'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

micks wrote: »
    where is it €2 per (& over) in Naas? I parked there today and my €2 got me 3hrs just off the main st - abbey rd I think
    I normally park in Friary street same rate
    In fact i thought in was the rate all over Naas in the council run parking?
    where is this expensive parking? And why would you use it when there's cheaper alternatives available

If You read my post, I said the 'last time I was up there', which was just before Superquinn shut up shop. I paid €2/hr in the car park opposite the entrance to SQ...down that little lane.
    I haven't been up there since. But please don't think Naas is the only culprit. Here in Newbridge, we built a spanking new medical centre, and the bastards made it pay-per-park, which I find very cheap whereby they are playing on the people who are ill

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

If You read my post, I said the 'last time I was up there', which was just before Superquinn shut up shop. I paid €2/hr in the car park opposite the entrance to SQ...down that little lane.
    I haven't been up there since. But please don't think Naas is the only culprit. Here in Newbridge, we built a spanking new medical centre, and the bastards made it pay-per-park, which I find very cheap whereby they are playing on the people who are ill
    If it was free parking people going to the town would park there. It's only a 2 min walk to the main street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

guil wrote: »
    If it was free parking people going to the town would park there. It's only a 2 min walk to the main street

I agree, but surely they can operate a refund system based on buying something in the chemist, or visiting a doctor??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

I agree, but surely they can operate a refund system based on buying something in the chemist, or visiting a doctor??

I believe that it is a private car park and therefore can charge what they want. There are no regulations for privately owned car parks.......yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

That also is a private car park and the champers are very proactive there.

Advertisement