Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted / Share] Couple looking for shared accommodation

Options
  • 15-07-2013 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Im Searching for a new place to rent for me and my boyfriend, as he is out of the country and will be here in a few months. we have noticed that its quit expensive to rent a place just on our own. So now we have considered sharing.

I understand people are entitled. not to accept couples while renting or sharing.

But it is quite common and difficult to find any place that excepts couples. I was wandering if anyone has any advise or knows any one or place that might accept sharing with couples. Or even any other couples out there looking to rent??

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Most places don't accept couples as any debate turns into two people with a single mind against the rest.

How about you say what part of Ireland you hope to be working, where abouts you hope to live, and what your budget is?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

The only couples I know who share asked couple friends of theirs if they'd like to go halves on a place. I know from house hunting most places don't like couples. There are many threads on it on here if you do a search. General consensus is sharing with couples is not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Have you thought about taking a place and subletting a bedroom to somebody else? Would be one way to sidestep that 'no couples' thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Where do you want to live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

Ok well im working in Dublin city. Im looking for something mainly on the south side of Dublin. I don't mind travelling by bus or train to work but not wanting to be too far from the city either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement