Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phone network

Options
  • 15-07-2013 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

what is the best mobile phone network to get on when in canada? well one that most people are on? heard bell might be the best bet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

do NOT go bell, rogers or telus

Go Koodo for best bang for your buck

• Registered Users Posts: 18 davybrown

thanks, take its thats what youre on then?

Aye, was on Rogers for my first year, then moved to Fido which was just as bad. Then went to Public Mobile coz the wife worked for them at the time, now on Koodo and getting absolutely everything I need for a pittance compared to the big guys, but with the benefits of Telus' network. Going for anyone other than them makes zero sense IMO, unless you're not going to be going outside the major metropolitan areas, then there are budget guys who are worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I'm with Koodo too. I was with telus prepay when I first arrived for a while just until I figured everything out.
    The koodo is a month to month contract as well so if its not working out for you you can just cancel and try someone else out. i have had no problems in Vancouver at least.

Also, just a point of note, if you have your own phone already, get it unlocked and bring it with you. It'll make your life a LOT easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 davybrown

COYVB wrote: »
    Also, just a point of note, if you have your own phone already, get it unlocked and bring it with you. It'll make your life a LOT easier

sounds good might just do that. take my iphone with and thatll save me few $.

Just to update this. Koodo have jacked up the prices of their plans. I'm not sure now if the current plan I am on will stay the same or if it will go to the new price. I will have to change to another provider if I move to the new one. Too expensive for what you get. I miss 3's all you can eat for €20 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

BFassassin wrote: »
    Just to update this. Koodo have jacked up the prices of their plans. I'm not sure now if the current plan I am on will stay the same or if it will go to the new price. I will have to change to another provider if I move to the new one. Too expensive for what you get. I miss 3's all you can eat for €20 :(

I don't think they can just switch the price of your plan when they choose. Don't you sign a contract when you sign up?

bopper wrote: »
    I don't think they can just switch the price of your plan when they choose. Don't you sign a contract when you sign up?
    No I don't think I signed a contract. Its a month to month one so less paperwork involved.
    From a bit of research I think i am alright and I will stay on my current plan unless I change it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

BFassassin wrote: »
    No I don't think I signed a contract. Its a month to month one so less paperwork involved.
    From a bit of research I think i am alright and I will stay on my current plan unless I change it myself.

I'm month to month and I signed a contract. Looks like I got in just in time before the upped the prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

davybrown wrote: »
    sounds good might just do that. take my iphone with and thatll save me few $.

Just so you know, the Wind network only works with iPhone 5s manufactured since March. The 4 or 4S won't work with it.

Advertisement