Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrade to eircom Advanced unlimited

• 15-07-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭

I currently have the up to 8MB NGB product from eircom. I cant seem to upgrade to eFibre despite living in the Douglas exchange area. when I try I get a message to call 1800661622

The line stats that I currently get are:

Connection Speed
    6144 kbps 512 kbps

Line Attenuation 51.0 db 29.0 db
    Noise Margin 6.9 db 24.0 db

would there be any speed increase if I upgraded my package to the 24MB ADSL2+ product mentioned on the website now, with a view to getting eFibre sometime in the future ?, when my cabinet is ready

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

With those line stats i doubt you will get anything stable above 8Mb to be honest attenuation is very high and noise margin is too low on some of those figures generally the higher the speed goes the worse it will get which will lead to disconnects from DSL .

If fibre ever does come to your area it should be an improvement but for now i would say you are stuck with a max of 6-8Mb :(

Advertisement