Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import License Help

Options
  • 15-07-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Want to import some ammo and after much though i am going to do it the right way .22 pellets count as .22lr so best to be on the right side of the law.Can anyone tell me what i do and maybe give me a link to the forum. :)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

This has instructions and a link to the form: http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/Individuals#import_eu

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Thanks lad looks complicated but once i do it the first time should be no bother in the future.Just one question when i get the license do i send it to the seller to attach it to the package or keep it myself?

1shot16 wrote: »
    Thanks lad looks complicated but once i do it the first time should be no bother in the future.Just one question when i get the license do i send it to the seller to attach it to the package or keep it myself?

You send the original to the seller but you should keep a copy for yourself.

IRLConor wrote: »
    You send the original to the seller but you should keep a copy for yourself.

All filled out just two things Manufacturer/Head Stamp and CIP Proof?Also send a copy of my license?

All filled out just two things Manufacturer/Head Stamp and CIP Proof?Also send a copy of my license?

"Manufacturer/Head Stamp" is just the name of the manufacturer of the pellets.

As for "CIP Proof", the answer is probably "no".

Yes, you need to send them a copy of your license.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Question before you submit your application;

Where have you looked for the pellets you are after?
    I was in with Paddy Carley tonight, he who was mentioned in previous threads; has JSB Jumbo Exact, H&N Barracuda, RWS superdome, AA Diablo, Webley etc etc etc...... And he'll post. So why not shop localish, deal with a genuine top bloke and avoid the import license rigmarole.:confused::confused::confused:

lefthooker wrote: »
    Question before you submit your application;

Where have you looked for the pellets you are after?
    I was in with Paddy Carley tonight, he who was mentioned in previous threads; has JSB Jumbo Exact, H&N Barracuda, RWS superdome, AA Diablo, Webley etc etc etc...... And he'll post. So why not shop localish, deal with a genuine top bloke and avoid the import license rigmarole.:confused::confused::confused:

Portlaoise rod and Gun
    Griffen and Hawe
    Morelli of Cashel

Where is he!?Im in laois. jsb jumbos are too heavy for my spring .22 express or exact would be lighter and would be perfect!

Portlaoise rod and Gun
    Griffen and Hawe
    Morelli of Cashel

Where is he!?Im in laois. jsb jumbos are too heavy for my spring .22 express or exact would be lighter and would be perfect!

http://patrickcarleyfirearms.com/
    All you need to know. Just highlighting that he has a serious range of pellets

http://patrickcarleyfirearms.com/
    All you need to know. Just highlighting that he has a serious range of pellets

Will leave him a email ...down that way once a month so i will see what he has!Thanks for the info! :D

Easier and quicker to just call

• Advertisement

Easier and quicker to just call

I guess but if i email i can get all the ammo he stocks and prices.Not in any rush lad :)

Advertisement