Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ditch Ivanovic and Zabaleta and Barkley.
    Vlaar, Clyne and Morrison probably offer more for less.
    Then you can upgrade Delph to someone who'll offer you a bit more going forward...not sure how much you have in the bank, but I'm reckoning 3-4 million could be saved doing above?

Cheers mate. Thinking of taking a risk by not making any changes for next gameweek, captaining Suarez starting Delph and benching Coleman and Barkley.

Then the following week selling Remi, Zabeleta and Ivanovc for Gabbidon Rooney and Vlaar.

Big risk but not sure what else to do aaagh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

3wkfkhK.png

Thoughts?

Probably going to end giving Suarez the armband..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Opinions on this ?

Pantilimon
    Davis

Zabaletta
    Dawson
    Terry
    Baker
    Colin's

Gerard
    Ramsey
    Hazard
    Morrison
    Ward prowse

Rooney
    Suarez
    Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Have 4.3m in the bank and a free transfer from the weekend

07af3faf4eb05b2f12a8142155f72b02.png

Giroud --> Rooney / Aguero

• Advertisement

Opinions on this ?

Pantilimon
    Davis

Zabaletta
    Dawson
    Terry
    Baker
    Colin's

Gerard
    Ramsey
    Hazard
    Morrison
    Ward prowse

Rooney
    Suarez
    Aguero

Anyone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anyone ?

You need a second 'keeper that plays. I'm thinking about Pantilimon myself but I'll only get him after I upgrade Harper to a 'keeper that is definitely going to play. You never know when Hart is going to get back in and I'd expect Hart to play at least one PL game over Xmas.

Lemlin wrote: »
    You need a second 'keeper that plays. I'm thinking about Pantilimon myself but I'll only get him after I upgrade Harper to a 'keeper that is definitely going to play. You never know when Hart is going to get back in and I'd expect Hart to play at least one PL game over Xmas.

Lewis or Daniels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Opinions on my team lads please. I need some advice on it, have had a bad few weeks , didn't have Suarez v Norwich when everyone else did and took a points hit to get him in. Really need good weeks this period before the wild card

Krull Myhill

Jags shaw Dawson rat Williams

Toure lamps Ramsey amalfitano Mitch

Aguero remy Suarez

Have about .5 in the bank.

Thanks

^ Decent team

Krul and Myhill rotate well enough for the season.

One thing that stands out for me is Lampard. He doesn't play the full 90 too often. I'd look at upgrading him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

We only have Aguero, Suarez and Ramsey (who I only bought this week) in common. So many of my main rivals have almost identical teams to me, it's nice to see something different!

Danger781 wrote: »
    ^ Decent team

Krul and Myhill rotate well enough for the season.

One thing that stands out for me is Lampard. He doesn't play the full 90 too often. I'd look at upgrading him.

Yeah I was thinking that. Any suggestions?

Yeah I was thinking that. Any suggestions?

After selling Lampard, how much will you have?

Mirallas might be a decent differential. Nice fixtures on the way.. Similar to Lampard though, he doesn't get the full 90 too often.

Fer being mentioned here a lot. Nice price too at 5.8. Seems guaranteed his place. 3 goals and 2 assists this season.

Lallana decent value at 7.0, he played very well against City.

Paulinho scored this week. Attacking minded but plays a deep role..

Other than that I don't know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

283778.PNG

Feedback is appreciated

^ Solid, I'd bank the FT :)

That, or get rid of Clyne (Double Southampton)

Dempsey wrote: »
    283778.PNG

Feedback is appreciated

Clyne to Ben Turner would leave ya with 0.4 million and allow you to upgrade Chico to someone a bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ok bit of switching and I think I have my ideal team. Focus has been on 3-3-3: 3 solid defenders, 3 solid mids, 3 solid attackers, so a 9-man backbone. Then to make sure that I have 2 home players to make up the 11 each week, using players who play regularly

Goalies:
    Krul - 1st choice, on form
    Mannone: now seems to be first choice, rotates 38/38 games with Krul

Defenders:
    Mertesacker - 1st choice, goal every now and again, good team
    Jagielka - 1st choice, gets bonus points, Everton solid
    Dawson - 1st choice, not too convinced on clean sheets but can easily transfer for Nastasic when he's back if necessary

Moxey & Chester - both first choice though Moxey might need to change to Ward if he's not fit. Both rotate 38/38 games so each week I'll have one of them at home.

Midfielders:
    Ozil - Pick him ahead of Ramsey as I'm certain of strong returns over the season and can always go down
    Hazard - Ahead of Oscar as I think he's the superior player and will get more goals, again can always downgrade money-wise
    Yaya - Points machine each year, can always downgrade to Silva money-wise

Morrison & Ward-Prowse - Creative midfielders who aren't just going to be 2pts each week. Both rotate 38/38 games so one will be at home each week

Attackers:
    Suarez, Lukaku, Aguero....needs no explanation

So each week I'll be playing my strongest 3 defenders, 3 mids, 3 attackers which I expect to get the majority of my points.

Then the remaining 2 players will be playing at home, my goalkeeper and either a defender or mid based on fixtures. All players should be first choice 90min players.

So what do we think? Where can I improve on this and what do i do come Jan wildcard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

8-10 wrote: »
    Ok bit of switching and I think I have my ideal team. Focus has been on 3-3-3: 3 solid defenders, 3 solid mids, 3 solid attackers, so a 9-man backbone. Then to make sure that I have 2 home players to make up the 11 each week, using players who play regularly

Goalies:

Defenders:
    Dawson - 1st choice, not too convinced on clean sheets but can easily
    transfer for Nastasic when he's back if necessary

Moxey & Chester - both first choice though Moxey might need to change to Ward if he's not fit. Both rotate 38/38 games so each week I'll have one of them at home.

Midfielders:
    Ozil - Pick him ahead of Ramsey as I'm certain of strong returns over the season and can always go down
    Hazard - Ahead of Oscar as I think he's the superior player and will get more goals, again can always downgrade money-wise

Morrison & Ward-Prowse - Creative midfielders who aren't just going to be 2pts each week. Both rotate 38/38 games so one will be at home each week

Attackers:

So each week I'll be playing my strongest 3 defenders, 3 mids, 3 attackers which I expect to get the majority of my points.

Then the remaining 2 players will be playing at home, my goalkeeper and either a defender or mid based on fixtures. All players should be first choice 90min players.

So what do we think? Where can I improve on this and what do i do come Jan wildcard?

If it was me I would have Distin/Walker at about the same price, the gap between Jags and Distin is considerable to date but there's nothing to suggest Distin can't almost match him from here on, Walker should comfortably outscore Dawson due to his set piece threat as well as his all round improved attacking play. No risk of rotation or anything else from Walker either. I'm aware you probably have Jags and Dawson already, just giving my tuppence worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If it was me I would have Distin/Walker at about the same price, the gap between Jags and Distin is considerable to date but there's nothing to suggest Distin can't almost match him from here on, Walker should comfortably outscore Dawson due to his set piece threat as well as his all round improved attacking play. No risk of rotation or anything else from Walker either. I'm aware you probably have Jags and Dawson already, just giving my tuppence worth.

Yep I really like Walker and would love to get him in but you're right, if I sell Jags and Dawson now I'd be 0.4m short of getting the other 2 in because of price rises on the guys I have. I have a feeling I'll be pushing to get Baines in my wildcard team but really not sure where I'd make the savings. Walker is probably a cheaper bet if I decide on wanting attacking points from the back, good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Any advice here on team selection? Have transfers made but undecided on to play Whittingham and/or Zab. Can't think of anyone to take out yet these are the sort of games I got Whittingham for, Thoughts?

284406.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

8-10 wrote: »

Goalies:

Defenders:
    Dawson - 1st choice, not too convinced on clean sheets but can easily transfer for Nastasic when he's back if necessary

Midfielders:

Attackers:

Strong team I dont think you will need to do much in jan wildcard at all.

I'm stuck now.

Out of ideas.

2 transfers available 0.3 in the bank.

Any ideas?

football1312.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Any advice here on team selection? Have transfers made but undecided on to play Whittingham and/or Zab. Can't think of anyone to take out yet these are the sort of games I got Whittingham for, Thoughts?

284406.png

Very nice team. Leave as is for this week.
    I'd be tempted to play Zab instead off Morrison and move him to first sub anyway! He has a definite potential for double figure haul against anyone.

I'm stuck now.

Out of ideas.

2 transfers available 0.3 in the bank.

Any ideas?

Easy!

Dump Lovren, the wheels have come off the Saints bandwagon and he's not worth the cash. I expect Newcastle to score this week. Downgrade to Chester and use the ~£2m you'll have in the bank to upgrade Llalana to Oscar who faces Palace (H) this week. Is he set to start?

Chester + Oscar is a LOT stronger than Llalana + Lovren, and with much more favourable fixtures.

Next week sort out El Ahmadi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lads, can someone help me sort out this mess please?

5b29fb556137a6878f245b810bf9b68f.png

Strikeforce is fine (although maybe I've invested too much at the expensive of the midfield), very happy with Hazard and Ramsey in midfield, but my defense is a mess. Far too much money invested in it and I'm not sure what changes to make.

What would you recommend please? I'm hoping to downgrade in order to improve my midfield a bit.

Thanks. :)

Paully D wrote: »
    Lads, can someone help me sort out this mess please?

5b29fb556137a6878f245b810bf9b68f.png

Strikeforce is fine (although maybe I've invested too much at the expensive of the midfield), very happy with Hazard and Ramsey in midfield, but my defense is a mess. Far too much money invested in it and I'm not sure what changes to make.

What would you recommend please? I'm hoping to downgrade in order to improve my midfield a bit.

Thanks. :)

Three GWs ago I had nearly that exact defence. I've shifted Zab since for Ben Turner from Cardiff and Clyne for Joel Ward off Palace.

My next move is to rid myself of Terry. Probably for Chester who you already have.

You're probably too late to jump on the Coleman train. He's up at 6 million now.

Three GWs ago I had nearly that exact defence. I've shifted Zab since for Ben Turner from Cardiff and Clyne for Joel Ward off Palace.

My next move is to rid myself of Terry. Probably for Chester who you already have.

You're probably too late to jump on the Coleman train. He's up at 6 million now.

Cheers.

I'm thinking Bardsley in for Terry. Sunderland have the best home fixtures in the league from now until the end of the season, playing almost all of the current bottom half at home. He did go off with a knock yesterday though so if not it will be Wes Brown at £0.1m less.

I'll probably get a West Ham defender and a cheapie like Ward in for Zabaleta and Clyne.

Should give me a good bit of cash to play around with. I'd love to get Silva in there for Brady but it will take me three or four weeks I think unless I take a decent points hit.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Cheers.

I'm thinking Bardsley in for Terry. Sunderland have the best home fixtures in the league from now until the end of the season, playing almost all of the current bottom half at home. He did go off with a knock yesterday though so if not it will be Wes Brown at £0.1m less.

I'll probably get a West Ham defender and a cheapie like Ward in for Zabaleta and Clyne.

Should give me a good bit of cash to play around with. I'd love to get Silva in there for Brady but it will take me three or four weeks I think unless I take a decent points hit.

Do you think they'll keep clean sheets under Poyet?

My own thinking at present is to get Chester. Hull just seem so solid at the back. They even only lost 2-0 at the Emirates. Suarez didn't even score against them!

I might get Krul in for Mig then and rotate him and Mannone.

Do you think they'll keep clean sheets under Poyet?

My own thinking at present is to get Chester. Hull just seem so solid at the back. They even only lost 2-0 at the Emirates. Suarez didn't even score against them!

I might get Krul in for Mig then and rotate him and Mannone.

Aye, I do at home against the likes of Norwich etc. We've been having around 65% possession against teams around us under Poyet, and his philosophy is very much ''the opposition can't score if they don't have the ball'' so we will limit their chances. I think the key is Wes Brown staying fit though.

If I had a defense of Bardsley/Brown, Chester, West Ham coverage, Mertesacker and a cheapie like Ward I'd be happy enough.

Upgrade Brady to Silva giving me a midfield three of Silva/Hazard/Ramsey and a strikeforce of Suarez/Aguero/Rooney.

That said, Rooney is continuing to play far too deep for my liking. I thought he'd be much further forward given Van Persie's injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

RMT for GW17
    Pantilimon
    Jagielka/Fonte/Johnson
    Walcott/Januzaj/Oviedo/Yaya
    Lukaku/Negredo/Suárez(c)
    Gazzaniga/Lampard/Dawson/Koscielny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Definite overhaul needed, is Paulinho out for Januzaj wise? Not sure on Aguero and Koscielny's fitness so should I be taking hits? Been a good last few weeks but this week has caused me a real headache for December.

1KPVXAh.png

Didn't realise it would be so big, apologies!

0kdj.png

Happy enough with my team for the week.

Only 4 of my players at home this week so that's disappointing.

May end up doing
    Navas --> Silva -4
    Dawson --> ?? -8

After doing Aguero to Rooney I've got this team for the weekend. Strikeforce is very strong, although I'm wary of my defence. Mertesacker plays Terry and I can't see a clean sheet for either. However they are the two most dangerous defenders for goals imo, only (statistically) behind Coleman following his goal at the weekend. I've £1.6m in the bank which is exactly enough to upgrade Vlaar to Coleman. I would be doubling up on Everton defender/keeper which I wouldn't mind, and Coleman has been incredible recently, basically playing as a winger. My main issue is not leaving myself any cash to upgrade Coutinho to Walcott after GW17.

Will probably stick with the team below and pray Coleman doesn't get any attacking points! I'm not too bothered about playing Gabbidon & Chester, both could pick up clean sheets.

200ycmd.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Because Im stuck watching gritting lorries drive around on a GPS map for work (dont ask) and Im bored Ill post my team.

Aguero and Brady out for Lukaku and Silva. Rooney better move about 30 yards forwards or he'll be next out along with Terry. Dawson being monitored for the "inset AVB replacement name" Effect.

Cheapie defenders plan on hold as Ive loads of cash after losing Aguero. Coleman on the radar for Terry perhaps.

284894.jpg

PS: Something tells me we should have a GW17 Vice Captain Poll this week as the Captain spot is a foregone conclusion.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Am I missing something obvious? Looks like the team is almost perfect for next week, after transfering Terry out for Zabaleta:D
    After taking -12 last week, which included Aguero out - Rooney in (don't ask why) that turned out to be a blessing, I can't see anything going wrong. Normally play with 3 defenders, but this is very tempting...

t6cd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »

284894.jpg

On this. Which defenders should I play this week. Chester away to manager less WBA is a risk, but is he riskier than Merts or Terry? As for Dawson at Soton, who the hell knows!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    Am I missing something obvious? Looks like the team is almost perfect for next week, after transfering Terry out for Zabaleta:D
    After taking -12 last week, which included Aguero out - Rooney in (don't ask why) that turned out to be a blessing, I can't see anything going wrong. Normally play with 3 defenders, but this is very tempting...

t6cd.jpg

I am stupid, and yep - going back to 3 defenders.
    I thought I had a perfect team with a strong bench - ended up with an average team and no bench. This didn't take long. I truly hate this game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

This is how my team is looking at the minute. 1.3m in the bank but no City coverage has me nervous. Any ideas of who to shift in or out?

hQTLSCe.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

This is how my team is looking at the minute. 1.3m in the bank but no City coverage has me nervous. Any ideas of who to shift in or out?

Either drop Hazard or Walcott (prob better Walcott) to get in Silva/Yaya/Nasri.
    Coverage from City is essential at this stage with all the goals they are scoring.

Anyone started thinking about their wildcard in a couple of gameweeks yet? I've been playing around and come up with the below:

88766b773419c10e60e802985863761b.png

Mannone and Krul give perfect rotation in goal.

I've been stung by having too much money tied up in defence since I used my original wildcard, so I'm happy to go one big hitter in Mertesacker (7 clean sheets, 2 goals, 1 assist so far) with a West Ham defender right up there in terms of clean sheets plus cheap, but reasonably solid options in Chester and Turner. I can rotate Mertesacker with the two other best options.

Hazard, Silva and Walcott don't need much explaining, while I had exactly £6.0m and Fer caught my eye as he was listed as having the 4th most touches in the opposition box on a FF Scout members article and having seen him play against Sunderland at the weekend he seems get forward quite a bit. A nice fourth midfield option. Johnson will be a permanent sub, but necessary for me to afford this team.

Suarez goes without saying, and Rooney and Negredo are there until Aguero and Van Persie are back fit when I would almost certainly get Aguero back in for Negredo and Lukaku in for Rooney.

Obviously price increases/decreases might change plans a bit but I'd ultimately aim to have:
    • Rotating goalkeepers who are solid at home
    • Mertesacker plus a West Ham defender plus three cheap, but reasonably solid options to mix and match
    • Silva, Hazard and Walcott plus one more who can contribute at a resonable price
    • Suarez, Aguero and Lukaku up top

There's a Coleman sized hole in my defence I know, but he's too expensive for me now.

Any thoughts on my plans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Tompkins likely to be in jail by WC time, assualted a police!

dahat wrote: »
    Tompkins likely to be in jail by WC time, assualted a police!

Cheers, never knew that. He's a Premier League footballer though so will likely get away with it. They have different laws to everyone else it seems. If not, all the better as Collins is absolutely guaranteed games and costs £0.5m less so.....lock Tomkins up please :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

285817.PNG

Feedback on what transfers to make would be appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Arsenal defender possibly given the improved set of games from 18 on.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

p5p8.jpg

Hi folks. Just wondering if there'd be someone you'd put Barkley in for or would you leave him as first sub. With him playing so well (albeit not in fantasy football terms) I'm finding it tough leaving him out of the starting lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

GK - Krul (Gazzaniga)
    Def - Coleman,Zaba,Clyne,Clark,Whittaker,
    MID - Ramsey,Hazard,Silva,Sterling,Barkley,
    FWD - Suarez,Lukaku,Negredo.

Pl RMT as well as suggest captain for GW 18 & 19.

ITB - 3.6M pl suggest defense overhaul for Jan wildcard..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

DJKendo wrote: »
    p5p8.jpg

Hi folks. Just wondering if there'd be someone you'd put Barkley in for or would you leave him as first sub. With him playing so well (albeit not in fantasy football terms) I'm finding it tough leaving him out of the starting lineup.

Suggest u keep barkley for oscar, I think oscar would be rested keeping in mind liverpool game and mata would be started against swans

vy839Q8.png

I've benched Coleman this week. With Howard out, and Southampton scoring plenty of goals, I don't have much faith in Everton to keep a CS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement