Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Benching Coleman is a terrible move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

^^ You're mad to drop Coleman, he can pop up with a goal or an assist as much as any midfielder in the PL.

If I was you I'd play 4-4-2. Negredo and Dzeko won't start together, so drop whichever doesn't start which will more than likely be the latter.

Also, Robles is a more than capable keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Yeah, I just came back to say I changed my mind! Coleman IN, Chester benched..

He'll likely play anyway since I can imagine Negredo or Dzeko or Hazard being rested..

Danger781 wrote: »
    Yeah, I just came back to say I changed my mind! Coleman IN, Chester benched..

He'll likely play anyway since I can imagine Negredo or Dzeko or Hazard being rested..
    Benching Chester at home to Fulham is equally as mad. Why have you got two City strikers?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Guyz please RMT

GK - Krul (Gazzaniga)
    Def - Coleman,Zaba,Clyne,Clark,Whittaker,
    MID - Ramsey,Hazard,Silva,Sterling,Barkley,
    FWD - Suarez,Lukaku,Negredo.

Pl RMT as well as suggest captain for 19.

ITB - 3.6M pl suggest defense overhaul for Jan wildcard..thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

sanket wrote: »
    Guyz please RMT

GK - Krul (Gazzaniga)

Ramsey out Walcott in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Guyz please RMT

GK - Krul (Gazzaniga)

Get Mertesacker or Terry for Clyne or Clark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

BNMC wrote: »
    ^^ You're mad to drop Coleman, he can pop up with a goal or an assist as much as any midfielder in the PL.

If I was you I'd play 4-4-2. Negredo and Dzeko won't start together, so drop whichever doesn't start which will more than likely be the latter.

Also, Robles is a more than capable keeper.

Wish I had listened to you and just played Dzeko :(

Evans on my bench.. and he's set for 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Been MIA because of Xmas. I waited for the end of this GW before making transfers because I didnt want to risk getting in an injured player.

286453.PNG

Obviously Ramsey has to go, thinking of Cabaye but what else to do I need help with.

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Obviously Ramsey has to go, thinking of Cabaye but what else to do I need help with.

Ozil to Walcott possibly. He's apparently out for a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Advice on this team? Jajelka is out for four weeks, so definitely looking to get rid of him, can't find a good alternative though. Thinking of keeping Ramsey because of the cost back and the relatively short layoff time. Any suggestions here?

286470.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭G1032

Advice on this team? Jajelka is out for four weeks, so definitely looking to get rid of him, can't find a good alternative though. Thinking of keeping Ramsey because of the cost back and the relatively short layoff time. Any suggestions here?

286470.png

Jag to Mertesacker, before Merts price rises any more
    Edit - Just saw you can't do that. I don't see the point in holding onto Ramsey though....

286470.png

Jag and Rambo out, Merts and Hazard in

This forum is truly amazing..got hooked to it just 10 days back and graciously fortinet doesnt block it ...anyways back to the topic

After a lot of thought changed my team with two FT

GK - Krul (Gazza)
    DEF- Kos,Mert,Coleman,Clyne,Whittaker,
    MID- Haz,Walcott,Sterling,Silva,Barkley
    FWD-Lukaku,Suarez,Negredo.

Doubled up on the arsenal defence after seeing their fixtures and many were recommending the same.
    Now i need a good goalie as Krul is facing CHE and MANC at home and away games are not so disciplined.
    Need some $$ to fit rooney in but not sure whom to sacrifice...Just 0.2M in the bank

Any suggestions..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

This forum is truly amazing..got hooked to it just 10 days back and graciously fortinet doesnt block it ...anyways back to the topic

After a lot of thought changed my team with two FT

GK - Krul (Gazza)
    DEF- Kos,Mert,Coleman,Clyne,Whittaker,
    MID- Haz,Walcott,Sterling,Silva,Barkley
    FWD-Lukaku,Suarez,Negredo.

Doubled up on the arsenal defence after seeing their fixtures and many were recommending the same.
    Now i need a good goalie as Krul is facing CHE and MANC at home and away games are not so disciplined.
    Need some $$ to fit rooney in but not sure whom to sacrifice...Just 0.2M in the bank

Any suggestions..

Mannone from Sunderland or McGregor at Hull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lemlin wrote: »

Agree with both. Tough one as Hull are organized and Sunderland are tightening up at the back.

Which leads me to one of my two questions, what you guys reckon about starting Mannone over DeGea? And should I take a 4 point hit to sell Hazard for Walcott (I already sold Ivanovic for Met this GW)

286639.png

Walcott is doubtful for tomorrow's game..Read it somewhere..wouldnt bet walcott against Hazard, he is on a scoring spree.. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Walcott is doubtful for tomorrow's game..Read it somewhere..wouldnt bet walcott against Hazard, he is on a scoring spree.. :pac::pac:

I just logged onto the forum to see if there was any of this talk.

Got a text from a mate saying he transferred him in last night but that he's a doubt now... The same mate takes the p*ss too often to be trusted... Did not want to see any other talk of it on here :mad:

Glad I've held onto my transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Happy enough with my team except for Mirallas, just hasn't been worth his pricetag at all for me.
    At the moment my plan is to bring in Navas instead of him after tomorrow, downgrading Fonte to Chester to afford it.
    Any better suggestions? Only £0.2m in the bank.

iOIBuSn.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

sionnach wrote: »
    Happy enough with my team except for Mirallas, just hasn't been worth his pricetag at all for me.
    At the moment my plan is to bring in Navas instead of him after tomorrow, downgrading Fonte to Chester to afford it.
    Any better suggestions? Only £0.2m in the bank.

Nope, I think that's an excellent move to get attacking City cover and will give you a more solid team overall.

Looks excellent really, what's your overall rank?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

8-10 wrote: »
    Nope, I think that's an excellent move to get attacking City cover and will give you a more solid team overall.

+1 great team

Really happy with this team at the minute. Have £1.2m in the bank to transfer Nasri out for Silva next week with my FT, and barring injury I'm set for January. Won't be using the wildcard until end of Jan when I'll reassess and see how Aguero/Ramsey are looking. Will need to dump Howard and Sagna too.

e86esh.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

8-10 wrote: »

Around 32,000th place :/ Had an absolutely atrocious streak of bad luck in captain choice first 10 games or so

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Nice team rory, a lot of teams will look similar after WC. Really wish there was only one WC. Looking forward to when Kun comes back, at least ppl will have to choose holy trinity (Kun, Roo, luis) or not. Everything looking so template now and will be even worse after WC!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Looking again at your team rory, I guess the one player to make u sweat is yaya. But u can't have em all!

Yeah one wildcard would be so much better, it's a lifeline to players who have made a mess of their team. At the same time it gives an incentive to players losing interest so overall I guess it's good for the game.

Yaya definitely worries me, as will Ramsey on his return. Aguero is a must imo, and if Rooney continues to deliver and Lukaku continues to be inconsistent then I'll use the WC to bring Aguero back. I can actually do it easily enough.

Howard, Sagna, Lukaku OUT
    McGregor, £4m defender, Aguero IN

A lot will change between now and end of Jan though, and I don't want Nasri in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Lemlin wrote: »

I'd go with Mannone cos of the fixtures, Sunderlands home fixtures are much better than Hulls for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'd go with Mannone cos of the fixtures, Sunderlands home fixtures are much better than Hulls for the rest of the season.

I'm going with both and will rotate them. Two starting keepers for 8.7 mil can't be sniffed at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Used the January wildcard, anyone got any suggestions on how to improve the team ?

Cech, McGregor
    Coleman, Baines, Shaw, Agger, Baker
    Whittingham, Fer, Januzaj, Ward-Prowse, Hazard
    Lukaku, Rooney, Suarez

Used the January wildcard, anyone got any suggestions on how to improve the team ?

Cech, McGregor
    Lukaku, Rooney, Suarez

How much money in the bank?
    Midfield needs to be strengthened, you've probably too much money tied up in the 2 everton defenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Cech, McGregor
    Lukaku, Rooney, Suarez

Is this the team that will be the result of your wildcard? Pretty awful if so.

Midfield is very weak. Get rid of Coleman and upgrade Fer to Cabaye or even to Sterling. Baines is enough of an Everton defense and should be a good differential for a few weeks until people ship out Coleman for him.

Ward-Prowse hasn't been starting at all recently and has no form to go by. Need to change him.

Agger isn't a consistent starter at all for Liverpool and their defensive record is awful really. Not having an Arsenal defender (or player at all) is bad. Change Agger to Koscielny/Mertesacker.

Could look into changing Cech for a cheaper keeper. Expensive goalkeepers haven't proved to be worth it this year imo.

Should try and fit in Walcott somewhere too. Lukaku - Negredo aswell imo until Aguero is back. Then him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Cech, McGregor
    Lukaku, Rooney, Suarez

That's a really weak MF in my opinion. neither Januzaj or WP are playing full matches, Mutch would be a better option imo. Also why the aversion to Arsenal, they have some of the top points scores in each position, Baines -> Koscienly/Sanga may allow you to get Walcott in Midfield.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Any comments on the following WC team

Howard - Mannone
    Coleman - Bardsley - Kos - Chester - Ward
    Mutch - Walcott - Hazard - Ramsey - Yaya
    Suarez - Lukaku - Aguero/Rooney

Bolded players would be coming in.
    If I do the WC in the next week or so I'll keep Rooney and sway him for Aguero later in the month.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Any comments on the following WC team

Howard - Mannone
    Coleman - Bardsley - Kos - Chester - Ward
    Mutch - Walcott - Hazard - Ramsey - Yaya
    Suarez - Lukaku - Aguero/Rooney

Bolded players would be coming in.
    If I do the WC in the next week or so I'll keep Rooney and sway him for Aguero later in the month.

Absolutely no point in having Bardsley AND Mannone. Sunderland are deservedly bottom, not a team to double up on at the back. Also would wait until last week of Jan for new signings, as it stands Rooney will be the only starter in your new wildcard team. No point playing wildcard next week just to get 1 more starter. Your team has a good spine, and one you want to keep. So, presuming you've played your other wildcard, you can afford to wait on playing until last possible week to make the right tweaks for the remainder

Just my opinion of course. Not trying to tell you what to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I think this is pretty good. I am using the wildcard mainly to strengthen the subs bench which cost me recently when Ozil, Yaya and Rooney all missed one one day:

McGregor / Mannone
    Coleman Nastasic Koscielny Chambers Chester
    Yaya Ozil Hazard Sissoko Delph
    Adeboyer Suarez Rooney

Value £106.9M, All the money will be on the pitch with decent subs if needed. The wildcards are in bold. Any comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Hey lads here's my team as it stands with the wildcard in play. Very much not sure about it right now. Is Baines too pricey to have? Not sure about Eriksen either. All thoughts welcome. Sticking with this side I've no money in the bank

Krul, Mannone
    Baines, ward, shaw, Evans, Celutska
    Silva, Mutch, Hazard, Eriksen, Assaidi
    Rooney, Rodriguez, Suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Team at the minute

Krul McGregor
    McAuley Fonte Coleman Ivanovic Whitater
    Sissoko Cazorla Hazard Sterling Ramsey
    Rodriguez Suárez Lukaku

Badly need by wild card , to get a new defence. Happy with midfield and forwards..
    Any ideas on defence. Wilkinson , haven't got to may clean sheets and that's what is killing me

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I think this is pretty good. I am using the wildcard mainly to strengthen the subs bench which cost me recently when Ozil, Yaya and Rooney all missed one one day:

McGregor / Mannone
    Coleman Nastasic Koscielny Chambers Chester
    Yaya Ozil Hazard Sissoko Delph
    Adeboyer Suarez Rooney

Value £106.9M, All the money will be on the pitch with decent subs if needed. The wildcards are in bold. Any comments?
    I'd get rid of Mannone, Sunderland will not keep many CSs. Will Chambers play week in week out? Replace with Ward of CP IMO. I'd swap Sissoko for Barkley too.
    Hey lads here's my team as it stands with the wildcard in play. Very much not sure about it right now. Is Baines too pricey to have? Not sure about Eriksen either. All thoughts welcome. Sticking with this side I've no money in the bank

Krul, Mannone
    Baines, ward, shaw, Evans, Celutska
    Silva, Mutch, Hazard, Eriksen, Assaidi
    Rooney, Rodriguez, Suarez
    Yes, swap for Coleman. I brought Eriksen in the other day so hopefully he will do the business, has decent fixtures in his next few games, he's worth keeping before you wildcard IMO.
    Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Team at the minute

Krul McGregor
    McAuley Fonte Coleman Ivanovic Whitater
    Sissoko Cazorla Hazard Sterling Ramsey
    Rodriguez Suárez Lukaku

Badly need by wild card , to get a new defence. Happy with midfield and forwards..
    Any ideas on defence. Wilkinson , haven't got to may clean sheets and that's what is killing me
    You need to get in some Arsenal cover in your defence and get rid of Whittaker, Norwich defence is shambolic ATM. Again, Chester of Hull, Gabbidon or Ward are a lot better value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

BNMC wrote: »
    I'd get rid of Mannone, Sunderland will not keep many CSs. Will Chambers play week in week out? Replace with Ward of CP IMO. I'd swap Sissoko for Barkley too.

Keepers are funny. Often the best value is with the teams who will be under pressure. As long as they are not shipping too many goals they will rack up 'saves' and bonus points. Mannone has scored 10 points in three of the last 8 Sunderland matches and they have tightened up under Poyet. There aren't many alternatives at the price.

Edit: I will also be alternating him with McGregor when fixtures suit. They dovetail regarding home and away.

Chambers has played all bar 3 miniutes of Southamptons last 6 matches. I saw him in their game V Spurs and I thought he looked useful plus likely to get forward. In any case he is not on my starting team, I only need him or Chester to be playing in the event my main 3 defenders don't play. The main attraction is the 3.9M price tag for a recent regular on a decent team. As I said earlier it is best to have the money on the pitch not on the bench.

Sissoko plays every minute, I had Barkley in my squad earlier on this season, he has too many substitute appearances for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

287827.jpg

Pre-wildcard. I have to say I'm pretty happy with the team as it stands, except for what could be an over-reliance on Everton. Could possibly go for the trendy Mannone/Marshall rotation to save a few quid.

How does Colback -> Gnabry, Lukaku -> Rodriguez and Barkley -> Cabaye sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Screenshot2014-01-09at115152_zps8e7bacf0.png

Hadn't planned on playing my WC for another few weeks but with Rooney and Distin still doubts I'm looking a bit lightweight.

Is there merit in holding firm for another few weeks or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

John83 wrote: »
    Hadn't planned on playing my WC for another few weeks but with Rooney and Distin still doubts I'm looking a bit lightweight.

Is there merit in holding firm for another few weeks or so?

I wouldn't leap into a WC with that team at all. If you can ride it out for another weeks then do. Distin and Rooney could both well be fit anyway and you have subs even if the defenders do have tricky games.

I wouldn't leap into a WC with that team at all. If you can ride it out for another weeks then do. Distin and Rooney could both well be fit anyway and you have subs even if the defenders do have tricky games.

I don't think Distin will be but I'd agree and still not rush into WC this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

After much tinkering after activating the WC, this is my team at present. Its fairly safe and I haven't had abgreatseason sonjustvwanted to get the WC done. Any comments welcome, I have about .5 in the bak with this team and my only real question before Saturday is whether to downgrade Baines an inprove one r two other positions and also whether to keep kelvin Davies as sub goalie who has played last few games of the saints and maybe replace him in the future

Marshall, Davies
    Koscielny, Shaw, Kolorov, Ward, Baines
    Oscar, Mutch, Silva, Assiadi, Eriksen
    Rodriguez, Suarez, Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

After much tinkering after activating the WC, this is my team at present. Its fairly safe and I haven't had abgreatseason sonjustvwanted to get the WC done. Any comments welcome, I have about .5 in the bak with this team and my only real question before Saturday is whether to downgrade Baines an inprove one r two other positions and also whether to keep kelvin Davies as sub goalie who has played last few games of the saints and maybe replace him in the future

Marshall, Davies
    Koscielny, Shaw, Kolorov, Ward, Baines
    Oscar, Mutch, Silva, Assiadi, Eriksen
    Rodriguez, Suarez, Aguero

Your goalies are nuts IMO, Boruc back possibly this week is the end for Davis and Cardiff under Solksjaer are an unknown defence.
    Have you actually got Aguero in your current team? If so why would you do that, why wouldn't you put in a playing third striker, upgrade Assaidi or Mutch hugely and then reverse that when Aguero is back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

This is the squad I'm aiming for when I play my wildcard. Thoughts?

Think I'm still about .4 short but currently it's what I'm thinking about.

2131bk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Looking at this, post-WC but a bit unsure about midfield...have 1m in the bank

Mignolet - Marshall
    Ward - Sagna - Terry - Coleman - Lovren
    Ki Sung-Yueng - Fernandinho - Ramsey - Sterling - Sissoko
    Rooney - Suarez - Remy

Anyone I should/could change?

Edit: Could change Remy to Rodriguez and upgrade Sissoko to Cabaye... possibly wait til Cabaye returns to do so...

tomissex wrote: »

Mignolet - Marshall
    Rooney - Suarez - Remy

Edit: Could change Remy to Rodriguez and upgrade Sissoko to Cabaye... possibly wait til Cabaye returns to do so...

Did you let a few guys go on free transfers? :D
    You must have an extremely low team value if you can't afford a big hitter or two in midfield.
    I'd say money where ever I could to strengthen midfield.
    A dud keeper will get you 0.6, downgrading Terry to Azil maybe another 1.0.
    Clyne for Lovren another 1.0.
    That 2.6 with the 1m in the bank might help strengthen midfield.

Also Rooney to a mid priced striker would work wonders. Giroud, Lukaku etc .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

tomissex wrote: »

Mignolet - Marshall
    Rooney - Suarez - Remy

Now: Rooney > Giroud and Fernandinho > Yaya

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

But of advice lads?

Marshall
    Coleman - Koscielny - Shaw
    Silva - Sterling - Janujaz - Ozil - Hazard
    Negredo - Suarez

Gazzaniga - Bardsley - Vlaar - Rooney

Had already made my free transfer this week Walcott -> Ozil. Now the news about Rooney. Dunno whether to take 4pt hit this week and bring in either J-Rod or Podolski or ride this week out. Got 0.3m in the bank.

Still got WC but considering holding off until the last week to get in Speroni to rotate with Marshall and Negredo -> Aguero

Got a slim lead in my money leagues so rife with paranoia looking over my shoulder!

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
Advertisement