Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Event] King of Greystones Triathlon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Basster wrote: »
    Nice race, really enjoyed it. The swim was long and tough against the current (especially for the cr@p swimmers like me) but very enjoyable day all round.

Edit: Anyone get the bike distance? Felt short to me, maybe 18/19km. Had the Garmin on for the run only, 5.05km so pretty much bang on.

Here you go wasn't that long http://connect.garmin.com/activity/357628141

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    I think I saw you trying to stretch out your cramp at the yacht club and then taking a spill shortly afterward.

Good to hear you finished though. The ground under foot wasn't ideal on the run route and lots of rambling walkers taking up space on a tight course.

An enjoyable event all the same the bike route was great coming back in bar a few slower cyclists taking the racing line through roundabouts and cutting me off.

As for the swim. I guess I'll go with "Awesome" sweet Jebus. One guy I was talking to had it measured at just over 900M with his Garmin.

Yep that was me alright, took another spill on the way back, wasn't prepared for the trek part at all. Nothing a but of a clean and some plasters didnt fix. Was determined to finish it. Were you the one asking me was it a tear or a cramp?

I would well believe it was closer to 900m and the current was pretty strong too. I was doing 100ms 1:45s during the week and took me 25 minutes on Sunday. Did not expect that slow a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭paddlepop

When i finished this race and went to the tent to collect the tshirt they were all gone. They did send me out one today but its a large(bain of my life) so if there is anyone out there wanting to swap for a medium?:D

Great swim-loved it immensely. I had been training there and the sea is often choppy, rolly, seaweedy. so that day it was just perfect-flat and the sun was shiniing. I also felt it was a little long but i didnt mind. I could swim all day. I had the inside track so was pretty much on my own all the way to the last buoy.

The bike according to my computer was about 18.9km...so yes a little short.
    hated the run but then i hate running anyway:p

will do it again(but will try to get to the tent faster! was too busy gasbagging)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

paddlepop wrote: »
    When i finished this race and went to the tent to collect the tshirt they were all gone. They did send me out one today but its a large(bain of my life) so if there is anyone out there wanting to swap for a medium?:D

Great swim-loved it immensely. I had been training there and the sea is often choppy, rolly, seaweedy. so that day it was just perfect-flat and the sun was shiniing. I also felt it was a little long but i didnt mind. I could swim all day. I had the inside track so was pretty much on my own all the way to the last buoy.

The bike according to my computer was about 18.9km...so yes a little short.
    hated the run but then i hate running anyway:p

will do it again(but will try to get to the tent faster! was too busy gasbagging)

Just wash the t-shirt in the washing machine it'll shrink like mine! Size M now too small for me...

Advertisement