Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth Defense Run In...Man Steals Poster

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The posters that were up a few weeks ago were advertising a meeting in the clarion.the writing was teeny tiny though that an ant wouldn't have seen it.the clarion couldn't confirm if the meeting went ahead,which is highly suspicious to me.

If anyone wants to get involved in mid west campaign for choice feel free to pm me.we are having a meet up next week hopefully where we'll be discussing all things pro choice and future activities :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Could someone PM me a picture of what these posters look like?

The poster I saw, was of a mutilated baby(apparently 22 week abortion) it was horrid, I've been told that it was this poster that was taken...

I got chatting to someone today about it, I know the guy, he works in a shop I would frequent... So i bought it up when I was getting a few bits, and he reluctantly told me it was him, so we got talking about it, so here's what happened
    He took the poster, walk around town with one of the YD fella's following him, until another member tried and failed to take the poster off him on crusies street...then a third member forcefully ripped it off him outside Brown Thomas, the third lad was very aggressive and scary according to himself

He seemed a little embarrassed about it, but a told him that i wish i had the balls to stand up against this shower of creatures...

I won't be disclosing anything about him, as its not really my place...

PM sent of the picture I saw and caused the poster stealing...Warning its truly horrific and I felt a little sick even seeing it again

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

PM sent of the picture I saw and caused the poster stealing...Warning its truly horrific and I felt a little sick even seeing it again

I had a feeling it would be something like that, but I still regret asking!

Imagine the RSA took the same approach to death on the roads? Nobody needs to see images like these when they're trying to go about their business in town.

I had a feeling it would be something like that, but I still regret asking!

Imagine the RSA took the same approach to death on the roads? Nobody needs to see images like these when they're trying to go about their business in town.

What about kids who'd walked past it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What about kids who'd walked past it

Is that the whole idea of Youth Defence? Brainwash Catch them young and hope they don't question the methods?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The poster I saw, was of a mutilated baby(apparently 22 week abortion) it was horrid, I've been told that it was this poster that was taken...

I got chatting to someone today about it, I know the guy, he works in a shop I would frequent... So i bought it up when I was getting a few bits, and he reluctantly told me it was him, so we got talking about it, so here's what happened

He seemed a little embarrassed about it, but a told him that i wish i had the balls to stand up against this shower of creatures...

I won't be disclosing anything about him, as its not really my place...

Is it not illegal for them to put thier posters up? So if the guy you know took it down are they allowed forcefully take it off him like that?

Is it not illegal for them to put thier posters up? So if the guy you know took it down are they allowed forcefully take it off him like that?

Well I think there is a higher ground, that the law sometimes doesn't account for...respect and decency...the image on the poster was vile, which Insect Overload can confirm that for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Well I think there is a higher ground, that the law sometimes doesn't account for...respect and decency...the image on the poster was vile, which Insect Overload can confirm that for you

I think I read on another thread that they aren't allowed put them up so people can take them down if they want. Could be wrong though.

I was in town a while back and it seems that the YD guys stick around near their posters, must get a kick out of seeing reactions or something, but this lad went over and started taking the poster down and the YD guy went over and started doing the intimidation malark, but out of the wings came 7 or 8 of the lads friends and just crowded the YD guy out. The YD guy got out if there quick enough anyway. Had to laugh when I saw it.

Advertisement