Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert Music help!

Options
  • 15-07-2013 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

for the junior cert what is the standard grade for the piano, if i choose to play the piano for the exam. any help is appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I didn't know there were instrumental praticals on the Junior Cert, I thought it was Leaving Cert only.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gaughan12

I didn't know there were instrumental praticals on the Junior Cert, I thought it was Leaving Cert only.

they've brought it in for the junior cert aswell now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

There's been instrumental practise for years in Music. What grade are you? There is no specific set grade, the standard is supposed to be what you could have learnt in three years of study.

There's been instrumental practise for years in Music. What grade are you? There is no specific set grade, the standard is supposed to be what you could have learnt in three years of study.

im grade 3 :) would that be okay to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

No grade is given as a mimimum but Grade 3 pieces would be grand. Its more important that the music is played fluently and musically. Whatever you choose to play make sure you are comfortable and confident with them. Are you playing 4 on piano?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 indecisive18

As musicmental85 said grade 3/4/5 pieces are the general standard that students tend to have.However, it is much more important to play the pieces well and correctly than play pieces of a high grade but without any level of fluency.

Focus on accuracy and musicality. A student of grade 6/7 standard will be treated the same as a student of 2/3 standard after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

It doesn't matter what grade piece you play as long as you play it well. If you can play twinkle twinkle little star perfectly, it'll get you better marks than if you play a complicated piece badly.

Thanks for all the help:)

Advertisement