Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Australia

Options
  • 16-07-2013 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi there, I'm moving to Australia in a few months! I currently work in banking as an underwriter/asset manager/property valuer/credit analyst but my contract is up now in sept and I'm making the move! How do I research jobs in banking/finance areas in Australia? Best websites? What's the best city to search for professional jobs? Is it hard to get a contract? are there many positions advertised? What kind of salary can I expect working in finance? All advice welcomed?!! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Da Bomb! wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm moving to Australia in a few months! I currently work in banking as an underwriter/asset manager/property valuer/credit analyst but my contract is up now in sept and I'm making the move! How do I research jobs in banking/finance areas in Australia? Best websites? What's the best city to search for professional jobs? Is it hard to get a contract? are there many positions advertised? What kind of salary can I expect working in finance? All advice welcomed?!! Thanks

Hate to break it to you buddy but the vast majority of jobs in banking/finance require you to be a PR.

If you are coming on a WHV, focus on temp agencies who may be able to get you a short term contract which will get your foot in the door.

Even then, I feel the time of WHV being a stepping stone to 457 has now passed with employers now deeming it not worth the hassle anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

Batgurl wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you buddy but the vast majority of jobs in banking/finance require you to be a PR.

If you are coming on a WHV, focus on temp agencies who may be able to get you a short term contract which will get your foot in the door.

Even then, I feel the time of WHV being a stepping stone to 457 has now passed with employers now deeming it not worth the hassle anymore.

I second this post.

Nail on the Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭butters.scotch

Have a look on http://www.seek.com.au/ as well

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Da Bomb!

Batgurl, thanks for the advice buddy! Can I ask what type of jobs could I go for with mainly banking/ credit assessment, small accounting experience?

Any advice welcomed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Da Bomb! wrote: »
    Batgurl, thanks for the advice buddy! Can I ask what type of jobs could I go for with mainly banking/ credit assessment, small accounting experience?

Any advice welcomed...

Visa status?

• Advertisement
Advertisement