Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government/Public Sector RFT's (etenders)

• 16-07-2013 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭

Does anyone on here go for govt RFT's?

What's you're experience? Worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Nobody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Personally, I almost never go for them. I think that it's the kind of thing that your business has to be geared for - one example is Headscape (Boagworld guys). They do seem to do primarily universities, charities and government.

I did do a 1/2 day course on replying to government tenders, run by DCEB. The #1 thing they drilled into us was make sure you address every single point in the RFT, don't miss any question, any points, because that could rule you out.

(TheCorinthian is the guy you really want in here answering this.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

No experience from a design perspective but as Trojan says your business really needs to be geared for it.

We had a look into applying for an RFT to provide backhaul links to HEAnet to their POP's.
    Far too much hassle for potential return - for us anyway.
    It would've meant a couple weeks work just to prepare the application with no guarantee of success.

That's fine if your business model is geared towards that kind of thing but it was a definite non-runner for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Thanks folks.

Trojan, would you recommend that course? If so then I'll check it out.
    Trojan wrote: »
    (TheCorinthian is the guy you really want in here answering this.)

Indeed he is! :D *waits patiently*

Advertisement