Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best SSD Drive

Options
  • 16-07-2013 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

What's the fastest SSD drive on the market for cloning 10k small files from the drive to it self?

EDIT: I also expect a drive like this to be the fastest to start IE, outlook, visual studio 2012 with a big project, etc, all in Windows 8.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Crucial M4/m500 would be a very good reliable SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Samsung 840 pro's.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭whellman1030

Did you guys that replied have any comparison reviews online about these drives?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

Youre a developer who uses IE?

I'd recommend Kingston SSDs from Elara or Dabs.
    You can get great deals there, they have decent capacity and excellent speeds.
    If you need more space, its probably even cheaper to raid0 them.
    Mine have been going for a few years already without issue.

Remember that corsair have lifetime guarantees though.

Also I'm sure you know that you need a Sata 3 capable motherboard to use these to the full potential.
    Whatever you're doing with 10k+ files might be better suited with some kind of ramdisk implementation though, so just consider that.

Gotham wrote: »
    Youre a developer who uses IE?

I'd recommend Kingston SSDs from Elara or Dabs.
    You can get great deals there, they have decent capacity and excellent speeds.
    If you need more space, its probably even cheaper to raid0 them.
    Mine have been going for a few years already without issue.

Remember that corsair have lifetime guarantees though.

Also I'm sure you know that you need a Sata 3 capable motherboard to use these to the full potential.
    Whatever you're doing with 10k+ files might be better suited with some kind of ramdisk implementation though, so just consider that.

What's so funny about using IE? I develop web sites that must work on IE. I can't say no to the customer, lol.

Thanks for the answer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 BusterJohnny

I bought a kingston hyper x on ebay for 80 euos. Amazed with its speed, highly recommended!!

Decided for the Samsung 840 pro

• Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Decided for the Samsung 840 pro

Might be worth waiting for the Samsung 840 EVO SSD drives, they won't be as fast as the 'pro' models but they sound like they will be great value compared to the standard 840s.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-3132_7-57594265-98/samsung-unveils-1tb-840-evo-solid-state-drive/

Advertisement