Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys pricing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Being in Dundalk of all places you should be well aware that electronics in particular are much cheaper in the North. Nothing new here. Nor is it unique to Currys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

Being in Dundalk of all places you should be well aware that electronics in particular are much cheaper in the North. Nothing new here. Nor is it unique to Currys.

Actually they're not. The southern stores do a lot more sales and deals than the northern ones. I buy quite a lot of appliances so always price in 5/6 places and normally end up purchasing in the south

Being in Dundalk all my life I try to buy in town but have to admit that for electronics Newry is almost always considerably . Of course I am always buying quality and not just kitting out a rental somewhere for letting. ;)

I always buy quality, cheaper stuff doesn't last in rental properties. Good appliances come with good warranties and servicing.
    I still always find cheaper in the south

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 patgmail

I'd love to know where in Louth you get cheaper electrical and computing goods than in Newry.

• Advertisement

Watters electric in culloville, lallys, used to go to Harvey Norman.
    Price around and negotiate with them

Watters are in northern Ireland:D They are, admittedly, often by far the cheapest around.

I usually shop in Lallys but I do so knowing that the items are usually cheaper in the north. I negotiate and know the salesman in Lallys very well so get as good a deal as they can do. Last item was a HD TV bought here but I saw in Currys Newry a week later for just under 120 less - allowing for exchange rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Rip Off Ireland forum

dudara

Advertisement