Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removal of SM monitoring transfers next season??? POLL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    it isnt the monitoring that is getting these deals canceled, it appears to be they are reported and SMFA agree with the reason for reporting
    True enough, I suppose, however...
    if the people complaining are correct when they say that they can see the deal was reported
    As can be seen by recent events, clearly they are also reversing deals which have nothing wrong with them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

batistuta9 wrote: »
    are you sure it's them being reported that's doing it?

I don't understand you after the ellipsis

anyway if someone wants to spend 3x value on lichsteiner, fúck it, let him or whoever spend what they want, we should turn it off for a season at least

I meant that the people that are complaininfg about their deals getting canceled say they can see that it was reported ... therefor SMFA monitoring has no play in these ... it might have had in earlier deal but seems the last few was due to people reporting them

i am now minus 1m,and lost 6 accepted youth transfers. my two deals with chelsea have been reversed.

Had another think on this, ... If you are minus 1m and had a 2 and 9 million (inbound?)deal in the pipelines aswell as 6 youth deals accepted, is it possible you just didnt have funds to complete the deals? :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Had another think on this, ... If you are minus 1m and had a 2 and 9 million (inbound?)deal in the pipelines aswell as 6 youth deals accepted, is it possible you just didnt have funds to complete the deals? :eek:

no the youths i signed were 10k to 50k each i was plus 10m before this! i sold the 2m and 9m deals,i wasnt paying for them they are gone over a week now.

no the youths i signed were 10k to 50k each i was plus 10m before this! i sold the 2m and 9m deals,i wasnt paying for them they are gone over a week now.

Ok, that rules that out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

monitoring is this bitch >>> the Automated Transfer Monitoring System (ATMS)

it's getting the blame & people reporting are getting the benefit of the doubt, by most, for the time being - afaik
    this is confusing with all the deals getting overturned and peoples thoughts on them

Ohhhh the good old 'SM refuse to sanction such a deal' is it???

Ah we are talking about two different things altogether. I thought we were ditching the 'report' option....

A crap, this is not much use at all so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

If we turn the report button off there will be hell too pay. They could be reversing deals from the same ip for all we know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭batistuta9

MrMac84 wrote: »
    If we turn the report button off there will be hell too pay. They could be reversing deals from the same ip for all we know!!

Can you even turn off the report button?

I thought it was just the monitoring system

Can you even turn off the report button?

I thought it was just the monitoring system

Ya I can turn off SMFA monitoring which in turn null and voids the report button..

Ya I can turn off SMFA monitoring which in turn null and voids the report button..

You sure, would the report button not still exist for people managing multiple clubs, dodgy deals etc.

And what it's turned off is the ATMS

• Advertisement

You sure, would the report button not still exist for people managing multiple clubs, dodgy deals etc.

And what it's turned off is the ATMS

The report button for dodgy transfers and multiple deals would be gone!you can still report multiple clubs tho. I played ive of these worlds before and seen 24 year old 92 rated players swapped for 88 and 87 players in there 30s and minimum cash!

set up a public poll and start again.

Oh so essentially we are talking about the same thing?

But Mac, I don't understand how there could be dodgy dealings per say if it was turned off, sure we know a good lot of the managers on the gameworld at the min and lets be honest whilst clubs are not being plundered (for lack of a better term) there are pre-determined deals going on.... There are deals with side deals going on..... There's is an element of this as is...

Like for example I'm sure I could do a swap deal with Wolfsberg if I wanted tomorrow as I'm working with my buddie who manages them! I'm sure if I pressed him I'd get a deal out of him, that's just an example, others have gotten to know each other via the gameworld and relations are so good that these sort of deals could be negotiated......

Long and short of it is, I know you fear it could be misused but most teams Re managed and I doubt the regulars would stand for it anyway. Main thing is at the moment lads are getting a very raw deal in the market And it will take from the game eventually

Long and short of it is, I know you fear it could be misused but most teams Re managed and I doubt the regulars would stand for it anyway. Main thing is at the moment lads are getting a very raw deal in the market And it will take from the game eventually

Would stand for it???
    If the report function is removed we would have NO choice but too stand for every deal no matter how dodgy it is!! This would take away from the game MUCH faster then the current situation

And let's not forget the last 2 deals that were reversed were between 2 teams who done multiple deals where Sunderland benefited GREATLY both times! Smfa were spot on too reverse them!

guys if anyones up for it.just to check,can one of you buy a low value player at max price and wel see if we report it,will the deal be reversed?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My attitude remains that there's not a huge urgency to remove it, based on the fact 95% of transfers seem to go through without an issue.

I do get how frustrating it must be when a transfer gets reversed, but there has been 2,451 transfers in our gameworld so far, and it's not as if we're approaching even 1% of those being reversed. For whatever reason, it strikes me there's been a dozen transfers reversed (at least that have been brought to public attention), but that still means we're only talking about a minuscule amount of decisions being reversed. Meanwhile, the vast majority of transfers go through without a hitch.

I worry turning off the ability to report transfers could lead to far more than the dozen reversals turning into dodgy dealings, and as Mac said, we only need one or two people to start messing round for things to go wrong quickly. So I vote to keep it, in a "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water" manner.

My attitude remains that there's not a huge urgency to remove it, based on the fact 95% of transfers seem to go through without an issue.

I do get how frustrating it must be when a transfer gets reversed, but there has been 2,451 transfers in our gameworld so far, and it's not as if we're approaching even 1% of those being reversed. For whatever reason, it strikes me there's been a dozen transfers reversed (at least that have been brought to public attention), but that still means we're only talking about a minuscule amount of decisions being reversed. Meanwhile, the vast majority of transfers go through without a hitch.

I worry turning off the ability to report transfers could lead to far more than the dozen reversals turning into dodgy dealings, and as Mac said, we only need one or two people to start messing round for things to go wrong quickly. So I vote to keep it, in a "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water" manner.

Exactly my opinion too but in far more word's
    Paying over the odds for players between the same 2 clubs in a couple of deals where the SMFA judge that 1 team is doing better out off every deal IS grounds too reverse a deal

I remember a manager in here wanted too pay over the odd's for Benteke and wasnt allowed. he just carryied on with it. Whilst i know the system is far from perfect these rules have been in place too 99.9999% of the time prevent cheat's. Maybe now people know how the game works they might be slow too try and arrange all these complex 3 way transfers etc.

Yeah, that was me with Benteke. Would happily have paid over the odds based on the form he had last season and the talk of him moving to a bigger team. When I couldn't, I just moved on and got Brown Ideye.

Given he signed a new contract with Villa though, glad I didn't :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

I was the previous Sunderland manager and now I manage Chelsea. Bought Wolski and Van Oojen at Sunderland and tried to buy them again at Chelsea. I can imagine the reason for SMFA blocking the deal was on the suspicion that somehow the new Sunderland manager and me linked are linked.

Also had a deal for Skrtel blocked for some reason too.

I think it should be removed for next season, but if it becomes apparent that there is cheating going on (usually quite obvious) then it should be reapplied the season after that.

Exactly my opinion too but in far more word's
    Paying over the odds for players between the same 2 clubs in a couple of deals where the SMFA judge that 1 team is doing better out off every deal IS grounds too reverse a deal

I remember a manager in here wanted too pay over the odd's for Benteke and wasnt allowed. he just carryied on with it. Whilst i know the system is far from perfect these rules have been in place too 99.9999% of the time prevent cheat's. Maybe now people know how the game works they might be slow too try and arrange all these complex 3 way transfers etc.

Well 15 all at this stage seems to suggest there are enough grounds here to say its so faulty that it needs looking at....

Happened AGAIN to Madrid this morning, I said before that I was hoping to make a massive bid for a player, its in the public domain now that the player was Damiao and once he moved I was going to offer the max.... Let me say, if the deal did reach that point (not now obviously but the point still stands) considering ALL the work/thought I put into it and it was reversed....

well...... don't think I need to express how frustrated I would have been

• Advertisement

Well 15 all at this stage seems to suggest there are enough grounds here to say its so faulty that it needs looking at....

Happened AGAIN to Madrid this morning, I said before that I was hoping to make a massive bid for a player, its in the public domain now that the player was Damiao and once he moved I was going to offer the max.... Let me say, if the deal did reach that point (not now obviously but the point still stands) considering ALL the work/thought I put into it and it was reversed....

well...... don't think I need to express how frustrated I would have been

LITCHSTEINER the amount of work i put in to getting him,i nearly gave up on negotiating the transfer only on the 2nd day i landed him!!

it was pure ******* joy!!!!!

and then....well we all know what happened there!! :mad:

I find it really weird it seems to be the same teams being hit over and over again.

I wonder why, for instance, Madrid seem to be constantly getting deals reversed or blocked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I find it really weird it seems to be the same teams being hit over and over again.

I wonder why, for instance, Madrid seem to be constantly getting deals reversed or blocked...

Sunderland too for some reason

Sunderland too for some reason

and juve and kyiv why do you think that is?

iv been blocked for both buying and selling that has to be some one reporting deals. unless im also the chelsea and juve manager. :D

15 deals out of 4500 .... = 0.33% of all transfers in this GW.

For some perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

For some perspective

15 Votes = 50%
    Just saying :p

tonic wine wrote: »
    15 Votes = 50%
    Just saying :p
    If 15 diff teams were getting deals reversed ;)

For some perspective

there's only been 2581 transfers in total

and transfers with external clubs don't be monitored

there's only been 2581 transfers in total

and transfers with external clubs don't be monitored

Apologies, on my phone for the week, thought the number was higher last time i checked ... Stand corrected

• Advertisement

Apologies, on my phone for the week, thought the number was higher last time i checked ... Stand corrected

more spin, never trust a politician. :rolleyes:

Advertisement