Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspirational/Uplifting Quotes for someone who's just had a bad accident?

Options
  • 16-07-2013 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi there,

My cousin was recently involved in a car accident and is now paralysed from the waist down. I am fond of her but we're not too close, at the moment, she only wants to see immediate family, understandably.

Her sister said that she has been seeking some comfort in the cards she has received. I would like to send her a card and include some comforting words or verse to try show that she is in my thoughts. However, I am clueless as to what would be appropriate to write in the car given her situation - I would like to include an uplifting quote or verse to put in the card.

I would just like to write something more thoughtful or comforting than simply saying that she is in my thoughts and prayers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Laura.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi there,

My cousin was recently involved in a car accident and is now paralysed from the waist down. I am fond of her but we're not too close, at the moment, she only wants to see immediate family, understandably.

Her sister said that she has been seeking some comfort in the cards she has received. I would like to send her a card and include some comforting words or verse to try show that she is in my thoughts. However, I am clueless as to what would be appropriate to write in the car given her situation - I would like to include an uplifting quote or verse to put in the card.

I would just like to write something more thoughtful or comforting than simply saying that she is in my thoughts and prayers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Laura.

Ah I am firstly sorry to read of your news here; hoping she remains strong in mind and focus :)

Secondly sorry for not seeing this sooner. If it is not too late; hope that it's not anyways; but you should ask in the Literature forum right here or even the Creative Writing forum right here as they have some remarkable posters and writers posting in there. The creative writing forum have readers and posters will provide some real helpful and supportive feedback on what you create yourself - encouraging posters there also.

Hope that helps in some way,
    kerry4sam

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

To be honest, when I was diagnosed with MS if someone sent me a verse, I'd have smacked them. Perhaps a more personal approach would be better. (Not being nasty, so hope it doesn't come across that way)

Advertisement