Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Institute of Education 5th year

• 16-07-2013 4:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey everyone,

I'll be going into 5th year in the institute in September coming straight from 3rd year.

Can Anyone thats had any experience with the place tell me whats it like.
    I dont know anyone going but i dont suppose that'll be a problem.
    I'm not very intelliegnt but certainly above average.

Is it fun or do you just study 24/7?

Any help would be great :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

You're getting 550+ points if you study like the adverge joe and work hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

Coyg2210 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I'll be going into 5th year in the institute in September coming straight from 3rd year.

hey :) I'm going there straight from 3rd year too next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

Hey everyone,

Sorry, I'm not going, just interested in your name, Coyg2210. Does COYG by any chance stand for 'Come On You Gunners' :)?

BTW I have heard that the institute doesn't offer anything extra curricular or sporting. They took institute of EDUCATION too seriously.

But IDK that's just what I've heard, I've never been there (never will either). If you're really serious about the LC, it's probably a good idea :). It has good teachers and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Coyg2210

Sorry, I'm not going, just interested in your name, Coyg2210. Does COYG by any chance stand for 'Come On You Gunners' :)?

BTW I have heard that the institute doesn't offer anything extra curricular or sporting. They took institute of EDUCATION too seriously.

But IDK that's just what I've heard, I've never been there (never will either). If you're really serious about the LC, it's probably a good idea :). It has good teachers and stuff.

Sure does :), Gooner for life ;)

Sure does :), Gooner for life ;)

:) Same here! Suarez, good or bad?

• Advertisement

:) Same here! Suarez, good or bad?

Personally i think hes a great player, but i hate his attitude,
    But sure for the right price why not? :D

Personally i think hes a great player, but i hate his attitude,
    But sure for the right price why not? :D

I agree. I think Wenger could get him to calm down a bit. I think that £50m is over priced but thats what they'll have to pay to get him. Definitely top quality, although maybe Higuain would've been better...

I agree. I think Wenger could get him to calm down a bit. I think that £50m is over priced but thats what they'll have to pay to get him. Definitely top quality, although maybe Higuain would've been better...

Higuain probably woud've been better but the difference between Suarez and Higuain is that Suarez has actually proved that he can score 20+ goals a season in the premier league, which is what we desperatly need, hope the deal actually goes through and its not a load of rubbish like the past few rumors :)

Higuain probably woud've been better but the difference between Suarez and Higuain is that Suarez has actually proved that he can score 20+ goals a season in the premier league, which is what we desperatly need, hope the deal actually goes through and its not a load of rubbish like the past few rumors :)

True. The only question is whether or not he can stay out of trouble. He already has a 6 game ban.

I think it is true. Arsenal have definitely made bids, the BBC is usually very reliable (btw that £40,000,001 bid was class!). Whether or not Suarez wants to go to Arsenal remains to be seen. He says his problem is with the media, but he's gonna get a helluva lot more of that in London.

Another thing is Real Madrid. Having sold Higuain they could go after Suarez. They'd get him for cheaper too as Liverpool would much rather sell to a club outside England. Unless, of course they go after Bale, which would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

He's off to Madrid lads. He's a great player and wants to play for a great club. Moving to Arsenal is hardly much of a step up from Pool. The added factor of Liverpool not wanting to sell him to a rival is also another reason this bid won't go ahead. 40 M is a joke as well tbh.

Edit: Sorry Canard, I just can't keep out of football talk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Lads, if you wanna chat please it take it to PM or the off-topic thread, thanks! :P

OK someone create a new thread, my phone isn't working properly so I can't :(

Sorry but they offer tons, varying from football to kickboxing, horse riding. that's from the top of my head don't have the leaflet

Sorry but they offer tons, varying from football to kickboxing, horse riding. that's from the top of my head don't have the leaflet

I'm sure you're right, I don't know much about it, only from what I have heard.

My kickboxing sensei teaches kickboxing in the Institute I think.

My kickboxing sensei teaches kickboxing in the Institute I think.

i really wanna do it next year, can beginners join?

i really wanna do it next year, can beginners join?
    Anyone can join, no matter what age, weight or your physical ability. Over at the club we have 5 year olds and 70 year olds training weekly, of course you can start :p. But i'm not 100% sure if it's the institute he teaches, it's probably C.U.S, the second most posh school in Dublin ;).

Anyone can join, no matter what age, weight or your physical ability. Over at the club we have 5 year olds and 70 year olds training weekly, of course you can start :p. But i'm not 100% sure if it's the institute he teaches, it's probably C.U.S, the second most posh school in Dublin ;).

The institute really isnt as posh as you think, my friend goes to a public school in Lucan which isnt the poshest and there are 10 people going to it from the school.

The institute really isnt as posh as you think, my friend goes to a public school in Lucan which isnt the poshest and there are 10 people going to it from the school.

i agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Reading this thread has me Lost in Confusion :pac:

There's an OT thread in the forum specifically for OT chat, guys.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement