Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Bin Company Thread!

Options
  • 16-07-2013 7:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know who Walker DOT ie are?
    I presume they are one of the other companies under another name so just being nosey.
    They were all over the Eyre Sq/College Rd area around around 5 this morning with a lad in a red or orange jump suit picking up the bins. They had a few details on the side of the truck but it kept moving and my eyesight isn't the best.
    I tried doing a search on t'internet but nothing shows up for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Anyone know who Walker DOT ie are?
    I presume they are one of the other companies under another name so just being nosey.
    They were all over the Eyre Sq/College Rd area around around 5 this morning with a lad in a red or orange jump suit picking up the bins. They had a few details on the side of the truck but it kept moving and my eyesight isn't the best.
    I tried doing a search on t'internet but nothing shows up for me.

they just rent the trucks. I think the council rent some of their trucks off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Ah right! That makes sense as I didn't see any Corpo truck on my travels. Surprised they don't seem to have a Website though or maybe I just missed out on a dot or dash or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

• Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

dilallio wrote: »

Since December??? :O
    I'm out around the same time every morning and it's the first time I've come across it. Maybe they had a change of routes?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nineteen66

The City Bin co. also rent trucks from Walkers and the refuse collectors wear a red uniform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 nineteen66

If Galway City Council pulled out of the refuse collection in the City how long would it be before the private collection companies would increase their charges?I think there will be a lot of debate on this topic in the next few days and weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

nineteen66 wrote: »
    If Galway City Council pulled out of the refuse collection in the City how long would it be before the private collection companies would increase their charges?I think there will be a lot of debate on this topic in the next few days and weeks.
    Galway City Council has only recently become cheaper than Barna Waste (which I use). Barna Waste have not dropped prices to match them. I don't think it's a given that the Council is the one driving prices. As long as there is genuine competition between three commercial operators that should keep prices down.

Advertisement