Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to Dublin Port

Options
  • 16-07-2013 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi, need to get to Dublin Port for a 08:45 sailing on Tuesday morning.
    We will be travelling in from the Newlands cross area.
    What is the best route to take to get across the city around 07:00 am.

thanks in advance.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Google Maps is saying to head around the M50 to the M1 and then come in via the Port Tunnel whilst it may be quicker it will be expensive toll on M50 and then €10 for the Port Tunnel!

I would think driving straight down past Heuston and along the quays shouldn't take too long at that hour but there is always the risk of some bad traffic though it being summer time you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I agree that going down the quays at 7am shouldn't be a problem. But there are no guarantees. The last time I drove down the quays, a big digger (that was working on the LUAS extension at the new Marlborough St bridge) held up traffic for about 20 mins as it got itself into place. The port tunnel does cost a tenner at that time of the morning. It ain't cheap, but it will get you to exactly where you need to be, with very little delay or hassle. In the grand scheme of things, & how much money you'll spend going away on a trip over all, an additional tenner isn't a lot really imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 houseinthesun

Thanks folks, had a look on google maps and my own sat nav, both of them had me going the tunnel route, at that time of the morning I thought that would be worse, traffic on the M50 and everything considered.
    I might leave home a bit earlier and chance the Quays:=)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

If you're worried about the quays, perhaps going down the NCR might be a safer option - it's usually fast moving that time of day.

Advertisement