Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semester dates and calendar 13-14

Options
  • 16-07-2013 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Anyone have any idea when we're starting back?

Edit; Apparently September 16th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Yes the 16th sounds right, as the registrations etc are on the previous week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Will we have exams after Christmas day as well as before it (what a f*cking moronic idea that was)?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Dermighty wrote: »
    Will we have exams after Christmas day as well as before it (what a f*cking moronic idea that was)?

I'd say so since we're starting a day later than last year, the excuse for having exams in Jan last year was "because we started late". It's a mystery to me why we don't start a week earlier.

mrmeindl wrote: »
    I'd say so since we're starting a day later than last year, the excuse for having exams in Jan last year was "because we started late". It's a mystery to me why we don't start a week earlier.
    Its not a mystery to me. The college works in liason with the various unions representing staff around the college, for 2012 and 2013 this was the structure that was decided upon. I don't think the lecturers are too fond of it but the administration is.
    This may be up for debate after this year again so it remains to be seen if the same will happen again next year or not.

There will almost certainly be exams before and after Christmas.

Its not a mystery to me. The college works in liason with the various unions representing staff around the college, for 2012 and 2013 this was the structure that was decided upon. I don't think the lecturers are too fond of it but the administration is.
    This may be up for debate after this year again so it remains to be seen if the same will happen again next year or not.

There will almost certainly be exams before and after Christmas.

It is still a mystery to me why an institution that is dedicated to teaching things has to negotiate with the legions of administrative staff instead of the students and/or lecturers. Last year the lecturers got their holidays a week before the exams started AFAIR so if you had any questions to ask tough titties the lecturers were on holidays.
    At the end of the day if there was no students there would be no CIT, so it's not to big an ask for the students - the customer to to get consulted too.

• Advertisement

mrmeindl wrote: »
    It is still a mystery to me why an institution that is dedicated to teaching things has to negotiate with the legions of administrative staff instead of the students and/or lecturers. Last year the lecturers got their holidays a week before the exams started AFAIR so if you had any questions to ask tough titties the lecturers were on holidays.
    At the end of the day if there was no students there would be no CIT, so it's not to big an ask for the students - the customer to to get consulted too.
    The lecturers always have a representative at these meetings to decide the calendar. Its simply down to money, if your friendly with any of the lecturers ask them but be ready for a rant. Basically their unions are playing hardball as much as possible not wanting to give up anything, so situations like this arise as a result of that and the college always looking to cost saving exercises.

Its stupid, and I personally would prefer no exams post Christmas but this is the story for this year anyway.

We're back the 14th apparently guys

Semester dates/calendar for this year. For some reason they've put up a pdf of the wall planners they give to first years instead of a simple list of the dates like they used to http://www.cit.ie/aboutcit/semesterdatesandcalendar

Advertisement