Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda Hornet question

• 16-07-2013 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a honda hornet that is registered for 03'. But when i looked up the chasis number and engine number with honda they told me its imported (which I knew already) but also that it was manafactured in 1996. It only has 35k in milage.

Is this something I have to be worried about? Are all hornets before 03' manafactured in 1996?

Even a nudge in the right direction if this info can be looked up would be great!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

That is a bit off putting....I know bikes can be made one to two years before being registered but that gap is quite substantial. My old FZ6 was a 09 reg but made in 07, did you buy the bike off a dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wopp

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    That is a bit off putting....I know bikes can be made one to two years before being registered but that gap is quite substantial. My old FZ6 was a 09 reg but made in 07, did you buy the bike off a dealer?

Thanks for the quick reply, I bought it off a dealer, it was in good condition overall.

My friends hornet is the same, 02' registration and manafacture date of 1996. The only information i can find online is that the honda hornet 250 line started in 1996 and they were then brought into the country as imports. If it wasnt an import I would be a bit more worried about the gap. Its very hard to find any more info online as its a "rare import". I would love to know more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭robot7080

Don't mind it... I assume it's the 250 - it's likely it was unregistered for a while in Japan. Afaik they changed the paint schemes a little through the years? Mainly around the Honda logo on the tank??? Don't hold me to that though but it may be worth checking out. Awesome bike though... I'm on the 6 now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

not terribly uncommon with them - similar with the cbr250r(r)'s, and the other JDM 400s

alot built and left crated up in japan (it was only ever officially sold there), causing big gaps in year of manufacture, and year of registration

Advertisement