Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Proof child maintenance was paid

• 16-07-2013 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

If a father has always paid maintenance in cash to the mother/child is there anyway she could lie about this. Originally wouldn't have been bothered as the child would have testified to this but we've now fallin out and I'm not so sure. The child is over 18 now so we're no longer paying anything but for the last year we paid maintenance through a bank transfer. Our solicitor said family photos throughout said childs life and the fact that I was never taken to court is proof enough that maintenance was being paid. Is this the case? I'm worried about where my other children may stand in years to come if a will is contested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    ...........is there anyway she could lie about this. ....................................... I'm worried about where my other children may stand in years to come if a will is contested.

Any way she could lie? - It depends if she was declaring it or not to taxman/social etc

Not sure about the will...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dubflier

Of course she could lie, when it comes to money people would sell their own mother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Our solicitor said family photos throughout said childs life and the fact that I was never taken to court is proof enough that maintenance was being paid. Is this the case? I'm worried about where my other children may stand in years to come if a will is contested.

I don't know what your solicitor is talking about. Photographs are only evidence of what is shown in the photographs.

Bank records can be used to show payment by cheque etc. If somebody wanted to prove payment then it should be borne in mind that payment in cash leaves almost no trace.

Advertisement