Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Solo track

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

fitz wrote: »
    New solo track, first one of my own that I've mixed.

http://tonyfitz.com/cut-me-up-download

Great song Fitz... nice work. The new website looks good too - love that clean, uncluttered look.

Only comment I'd make on the mix is that I think the vox gets a bit lost in the chorus because the guitars are very forward in the mix.

Where did you record it?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭fitz

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    Great song Fitz... nice work. The new website looks good too - love that clean, uncluttered look.

Only comment I'd make on the mix is that I think the vox gets a bit lost in the chorus because the guitars are very forward in the mix.

Where did you record it?

Thanks Yoda!

Recorded in the room you see on the front page of the site, in an old country house.
    Some bits done at home too, like the bass and some electric guitars.
    Mixed at home.

fitz wrote: »
    Thanks Yoda!

Recorded in the room you see on the front page of the site, in an old country house.
    Some bits done at home too, like the bass and some electric guitars.
    Mixed at home.

That room looks the biz. Overall, it sounds extremely polished & professional. Mixing is excellent. Hard to believe you got that balance mixing in your own room. Nice one!

That room I track in is great.
    Much easier to get a good result in a big room like that with nice natural reverb than a small box room.

As for the mix balance, yeah, my mix room at home couldn't be less ideal - it's practically square for starters...I think it's about 11 x 11 foot. Possibly not exactly matching lengths and widths, but still pretty much not what you want.
    I've got rockwool rolls stacked floor to ceiling in the corners to the left and right of the mix position.
    None in the corners at the back of the room, due to the back wall being made up of a built in wardrobe and the door into the room.
    Have Universal Audio foam tiles at the first reflection points, and a couple on the back wall.
    That treatment certainly made the room more usable.

The sE Munro Egg monitors I got late last year have made a huge difference in terms of mixing, and are definitely the best single piece of gear I've bought in terms of producing a good mix.
    Sitting in the sweet spot, they make working on things very quick and easy.
    If there's a problem, you'll hear it, and I find they're brilliant for identifying nastiness with eq.

Drop me a line if you want to pop over and I'll walk you through the mix...

Cheers - I think I'll take you up on that offer. Won't be able to do it for a couple of weeks, but will definately be in touch.

Thanks

• Advertisement

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    Cheers - I think I'll take you up on that offer. Won't be able to do it for a couple of weeks, but will definately be in touch.

Thanks

Drop me a line whenever suits you dude...

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Blong!hahaha

Sounds awesome... release it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭ Paisleigh Repulsive Vodka

like this alot nice job

Advertisement