Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy shoes/pumps HELP!

• 16-07-2013 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone!

Sorry if this has been asked before!

My feet are so swollen with the heat, usually (when im not pregnant) I would have slightly swollen feet anyway (in the heat), but now that Im pregnant my feet are even more swollen and with the heat too, they are sore and not comfortably fitting into pumps or even my runners.

Could anyone suggest where to get decent, comfortable pumps (for work and casual) around dublin area, that will fit my swelling feet!

Also any tips to reduce the swell!

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

Afaik new look do wide fit shoes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Someone suggested having a basin of cool water to put your feet into to cool them down, it's heaven sometimes, also try lying down n put your feet up onto pillows, it usually helps a bit! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I bought a pair of Toms in Schuh, they're so comfortable - made of canvas so they've plenty of stretch in them, and they're light and cool. They have good support as well. I'll be buying at least one more pair (a black pair for work). And for every pair purchased they give a pair to a child in need! Good all round. They are a little pricey but worth it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

loubian wrote: »
    Someone suggested having a basin of cool water to put your feet into to cool them down, it's heaven sometimes, also try lying down n put your feet up onto pillows, it usually helps a bit! :)

Oh I was at that last nite, had them up on 2 cushins and it did help! Ill give the cold water a go too! Thanks a mill!:)

nikpmup wrote: »
    I bought a pair of Toms in Schuh, they're so comfortable - made of canvas so they've plenty of stretch in them, and they're light and cool. They have good support as well. I'll be buying at least one more pair (a black pair for work). And for every pair purchased they give a pair to a child in need! Good all round. They are a little pricey but worth it IMO.

Great - thanks for the advice, I honestly dont mind what I pay for them, and thats great they give a pair to a child in need too! Ill check them out at the weekend!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Oh I was at that last nite, had them up on 2 cushins and it did help! Ill give the cold water a go too! Thanks a mill!:)

Definitely getting your feet elevated helps - I lie on the couch with my feet up on the armrest! And I second the cold water :) Boots do a cooling spray that's just heaven in a can - keep it in the fridge & spritz your feet whenever you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

nikpmup wrote: »

Think I'll be getting a pair of these myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I highly highly recommend getting a pair of Reiker shoes/sandals. I bought a pair early on, and I've worn them almost every day for the last three months. Its like walking on clouds. The type I have are almost flat with cross over straps, which have a small piece of elastic allowing them to expand. You can get quite pretty pairs in various colours. I paid €60 for mine.

livinsane wrote: »
    I highly highly recommend getting a pair of Reiker shoes/sandals. I bought a pair early on, and I've worn them almost every day for the last three months. Its like walking on clouds. The type I have are almost flat with cross over straps, which have a small piece of elastic allowing them to expand. You can get quite pretty pairs in various colours. I paid €60 for mine.

Which shops can you buy these in?

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Which shops can you buy these in?

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

They seem to be everywhere I look. I got mine in Molloys in Cork city but they are all over the place here.

• Advertisement

livinsane wrote: »
    They seem to be everywhere I look. I got mine in Molloys in Cork city but they are all over the place here.

I got a pair of sketchers gowalk,feels like im walking on air,really comfortable!now they are nothing fancy to look at but they are black and ill get away with them in work! €59 so not a bad price either.

Thanks for all the suggestion an tips!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Birkenstocks. The best things ever for your feet in the summer whether you're pregnant or not. When you're pregnant you want something that supports your arches too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Ciarabear

My feet are aching too -shall be purchasing a pair of Birkenstocks stat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

+1 on the Birkenstocks- they're soooo comfy- just don't get the ones with lots of skinny straps.

Advertisement