Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy a house in Longford

Options
  • 16-07-2013 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I am actively looking to buy a house in Longford, I want to move to a smaller house possibly 2/3 bed bungalow on the outskirts of the town.. I have trawled the internet and been to auctioneers and what they have is out of my price range of approx €80. for that it would need to be in a very livable condition as I would not have the funds to do it up or I could buy something for about €60 with €20 left to renovate it.

Does anyone know of anywhere I could look other than the auctioneers, daft.ie or myhome.ie or do you know of any one trying to sell a property in the area. I am not looking to move into the town but anywhere within a 7 mile radious would suit, my preffered areas are Melview, Stonepark, Ardagh, Newtownforbes area and the main drumlish road but not in Drumlish itself.

I would be grateful for any feedback

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭chelbi

Thx Forest Demon, had not seen it, it's a bit further away from Longford than I would have liked and not rally in one of my preferred areas, thx a million for pointing it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

chelbi wrote: »
    I am actively looking to buy a house in Longford, I want to move to a smaller house possibly 2/3 bed bungalow on the outskirts of the town.. I have trawled the internet and been to auctioneers and what they have is out of my price range of approx €80. for that it would need to be in a very livable condition as I would not have the funds to do it up or I could buy something for about €60 with €20 left to renovate it.

Does anyone know of anywhere I could look other than the auctioneers, daft.ie or myhome.ie or do you know of any one trying to sell a property in the area. I am not looking to move into the town but anywhere within a 7 mile radious would suit, my preffered areas are Melview, Stonepark, Ardagh, Newtownforbes area and the main drumlish road but not in Drumlish itself.

I would be grateful for any feedback

Hi Chelbi, Although I note that you are looking for a property close to Longford, I noticed property advertised in current edition of Longford Leader @ 99k in Abbeylara, a few miles from Granard. From looking at this village properties on Daft, a few there under 100k
    Hope ur house hunt is successful wherever it takes u !

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭chelbi

Hi Chelbi, Although I note that you are looking for a property close to Longford, I noticed property advertised in current edition of Longford Leader @ 99k in Abbeylara, a few miles from Granard. From looking at this village properties on Daft, a few there under 100k
    Hope ur house hunt is successful wherever it takes u !

Thanks Woodville, I think I would rather be a bit nearer to Longford, thanks for pointing it out it's a good price!

Advertisement