Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport Festival

Options
  • 16-07-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭

Wasn't at this but spoke to many who were.

Generally good reaction to line up and the organisation

Weather reasonably good. Westport House very suitable setting.

Those I spoke to will come again next year.

Any views out there?

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I enjoyed it, will probably go again next year. Over the two days there were very few times when there was nothing on that I particularly wanted to see, which is good going. It's a very relaxed atmosphere, which is a prerequisite for an old fart like me to go to a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

They have already announced it will return on June 28/29 and a limited number of early bird tickets will go on sale on Friday at 9:30am so from a financial success it must have gone well if they are already planning next years even.

I wasn't at it this year due to another commitment but would have love to have gone. Was at it last year and really enjoyed it. It's a lot smaller and doesn't have the same big acts like Electric Picnic but it's far more intimate and welcoming. Very child friendly as well. Will go next year if I'm free.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

The ticket price is a bit high in my opinion, festivals in Dublin such as Longitude and Forbidden Fruit have day tickets priced for around 50/60 quid where the Westport festival is priced at 75 quid a day. I know the festival can probably not hold as many as the festivals in Dublin but the line-up for the Dublin festivals would have much bigger names in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The ticket price is a bit high in my opinion, festivals in Dublin such as Longitude and Forbidden Fruit have day tickets priced for around 50/60 quid where the Westport festival is priced at 75 quid a day. I know the festival can probably not hold as many as the festivals in Dublin but the line-up for the Dublin festivals would have much bigger names in my opinion

yep 75 quid a day kept me away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Enjoyed the day out (went on the Saturday), if I would have one gripe it would be that there weren't enough toilets. Ok for us males as we could do the standup job but for the amount of families and pregnant women there a few more toilets are needed in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Dudda wrote: »
    They have already announced it will return on June 28/29 and a limited number of early bird tickets will go on sale on Friday at 9:30am so from a financial success it must have gone well if they are already planning next years even.

The festival was booked in for three years, success or not, so kinda difficult to tell.

Advertisement