Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday League players needed

Options
  • 16-07-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

Anyone fancy getting their boots on and playing a bit of Sunday League football next season? I run the London Hoops Shamrock Rovers supporters club and I am putting together a Sunday League team to enter in the APFSCIL - http://www.apfscil.org.uk/ league next season.

Anybody is welcome as long as you don't mind turning out in a Rovers jersey for a season! The league itself is very well run and to a decent standard so it will be a little more than just a Sunday kick-about but the main focus will be on the social aspect and also just getting out for a game. If I get enough numbers together by the end of the month I will enter a team and organise a few 'training' sessions during August and hopefully a friendly or 2. The league proper starts in the first week of September.

If anyone is interested in getting involved just respond here or send me a PM and don't be put off us being a Rovers supporters club - that's just the excuse. Anybody is welcome no matter who you support or where you are from and I already have a very mixed bag of lads interested...only 3 or 4 of whom are actual Rovers fans. It is all about having a laugh, getting out on a Sunday for a game and keeping a little bit fit..!

Hopefully we'll get a couple of you involved,

Cheers,

Gaz

https://www.facebook.com/pages/London-Hoops-SC/306252979439437

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Where would the training sessions be held? Also what areas of London are the games mostly played in, or is it all over?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gazhoop

The games could be anywhere in London but I am looking at either Hackney Downs or Regents Park for our home games, both of which are very accessible.

As for the training, that depends on where is handiest for the majority. At the moment it is mainly East and North London where people work or live so somewhere like Weavers Fields in Bethnal Green or Shoreditch Park seem like good choices - both easily accessible. If we end up playing in Regents Park that would also be perfect for training though - and close to our pub..!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I'll be living in South East London pretty soon so I won't exactly be local. However put me down as a maybe as I work in Central London so could make training after work, depending on the times. Getting in for games on a weekend shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm definitely interested in playing though, if I can make it work.

Great, good to hear Jonny and you wont be alone in going straight from work or travelling a little for the games. South East London is quite well connected so you shouldn't be more than 30 mins from wherever we end up playing. Drop me an email at londonhoops@gmail.com and I can go into more detail with you.

Welcome aboard (Hopefully..!)

Many thanks to the lads who have gotten in touch already and I look forward to seeing you down for a bit of training and a match in August! I have a friendly arranged against London Scottish on the 18th so that is something to aim towards.

We could still do with a couple more players so if anyone else is interested just let me know and you will be very welcome to get involved. Just email londonhoops@gmail.com

Cheers,

Gaz

• Advertisement
Advertisement