Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping West of Ireland- 'no-go areas'?

Options
  • 16-07-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi,

I am heading off with my 8 year old son at the August B/H weekend. We are travelling from Cork to Benbulben, Sligo. via Bunratty, Doolin, Aran Islands, Mannin Bay Galway., Sligo.

We aim to get in as many sights as we can, on our way up the West. We wont be going to Kerry. Our plan is to not have a plan. I will pack up the car, with all the necessities and travel along the coastline, and settle in the evenings to camp out.
    I want to ask, if there are any areas we should avoid. I have found that alot of quiet beaches are attracting, 'raves' and I don't want to go near these as its just myself and my son.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thank you

Advertisement