Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone stolen then recovered

• 16-07-2013 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My girlfriend's iphone 5 was stolen a few months ago and she reported it to the gards and got it blacklisted etc. Fortunately she had insurance and was given a new phone.

Last week the gards recovered the original phone and gave it back to her. The phone doesn't work as it has been blacklisted. I have tried to get it unblocked in two separate shops in Cork but both places claimed that iphone 5s on the meteor network can't be unblocked. We also phoned meteor to ask for it to be unblocked but were told the insurance company are the only ones who can unblock it.

I am wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation? If we phone the insurance company will they ask for the phone to be sent back to them (as according to the policy document they now own the original phone)? Or will they be nice enough to let us keep both phones?! It is insured under mobilecover.ie.

Alternatively is there anywhere in Cork/Dublin that can unblock a blacklisted iphone 5 on the meteor network???!!!

Any response would be very helpful!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

You wont get any help here.
    When the phone is reported stolen the IMEI is blocked.

The phone is the property of the Insurance company as you have claimed and it has been replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

robo1234 wrote: »
    My girlfriend's iphone 5 was stolen a few months ago and she reported it to the gards and got it blacklisted etc. Fortunately she had insurance and was given a new phone.

Last week the gards recovered the original phone and gave it back to her. The phone doesn't work as it has been blacklisted. I have tried to get it unblocked in two separate shops in Cork but both places claimed that iphone 5s on the meteor network can't be unblocked. We also phoned meteor to ask for it to be unblocked but were told the insurance company are the only ones who can unblock it.

I am wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation? If we phone the insurance company will they ask for the phone to be sent back to them (as according to the policy document they now own the original phone)? Or will they be nice enough to let us keep both phones?! It is insured under mobilecover.ie.

Alternatively is there anywhere in Cork/Dublin that can unblock a blacklisted iphone 5 on the meteor network???!!!

Any response would be very helpful!

That phone is actually the property of your insurance provider and under the terms and conditions I'm sure you'll find a clause that says if the phone is recovered it must be handed over to the them.

Blacklisting cannot be undone legally and Ive never heard of anyone doing it illegally either so I'm afraid your out of luck there too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Contact you airtime provider and explain to them , the may or may not un-blacklist the phone for you . It can be done .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

That phone is actually the property of your insurance provider and under the terms and conditions I'm sure you'll find a clause that says if the phone is recovered it must be handed over to the them.

Blacklisting cannot be undone legally and Ive never heard of anyone doing it illegally either so I'm afraid your out of luck there too.

Just give it to a friend abroad and it will probably work fine.

Advertisement