Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homebase gone into examinership.

• 16-07-2013 12:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Homebase are now in serious trouble.

They are to possibly close 3 stores,Fonthill,Carlow and Castlebar.

Possibly some bargains to be had in these stores,in order to get rid of stock.

The future of Homebase depends on landlords and their willingness to look at building/land lease fees.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0716/462772-examiner-appointed-to-homebase-ireland/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

paddy147 wrote: »
    Possibly some bargains to be had in these stores,in order to get rid of stock.

jaysus Paddy you're always sniffing out a bargain no matter what the circumstances

you're like a vulture circling overhead waiting for its prey to die and then swoop down to feed on the dead carcass

;)(joke)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

fryup wrote: »
    jaysus Paddy you're always sniffing out a bargain no matter what the circumstances

you're like a vulture circling overhead waiting for its prey to die and then swoop down to feed on the dead carcass

;)(joke)

"the early bird gets the worm".....;)

Hopefully the long term lease agreements can be looked at and Homebase will survive.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

paddy147 wrote: »
    "the early bird gets the worm".....;)

Hopefully the long term lease agreements can be looked at and Homebase will survive.:)

I LOVE homebase, much better than woodies

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,842 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i vowed never to set foot in homebase again. which is a pity, because they sell habitat frames.

they're more expensive than woodies, too. for paint, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Heroditas

No surprise that they plan to close Fonthill.
    B&Q is less than a km away, along with Atlantic that was renamed Woodies across the road from B&Q, along with the other Woodies over near Lucan.
    Bit of overkill with our DIY shops in the area and I haven't even taken into account the Chadwicks near Laraghcon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,461 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very overpriced in my opinion. I spend too much in Woodies - literally 1000's a year and its overpriced. I used to go into Homebase to compare prices but every single thing i was looking for was always more expensive so I stopped going.
    With the margins on the stuff being sold I always thought Homebase were being greedy and now it's bit them in the backside, not sorry to see them go, am sorry for the workers.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,842 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i bought some small brass screws in homebase, and they basically disintegrated when i tried to use them. butter straight from the fridge would have been harder than them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Supercell wrote: »
    I spend too much in Woodies - literally 1000's a year and its overpriced.

Join the cheapest running club you can and when you get your Athletics Ireland membership card you get 10% off every time you visit the store.

Advertisement