Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce springsteen in Kilkenny

Options
  • 16-07-2013 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Does anyone know Wat time concert on da Sunday starts. Know gates open at 1. Hoping to get to see da hurling before da concert? But don't know if will miss the concert then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Kilkenny match is on at 2. The boss is not on till 7:30.
    you will have plenty of time to watch the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

If you're only planning on watching the match on telly you'll have plenty of time. If you're planning on going to Thurles for the match, you should still be back in Kilkenny by 5/5.30ish so still plenty of time- there'll be lots of people in that boat I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 name123

Its the Galway v Clare game that we want to see. Looks like will have watch on tv as won't be down in time. Thanks for info as couldn't find out Wat time the Boss on stage. Do ye know Wat time imelda may on stage
    thanks in advance

Well the gates are at 12.30 but I can't see anything starting before 4 or even 5. I'd say Imelda May will be on around 6 but you'll have a better idea once the Saturday show is over, just check what time things kicked off that day and what time the acts were on.

Plenty of pubs right beside Nowlan Park anyway to watch the match, I know they'll be packed but they'll definitely be showing the matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭valc

does anyone know details re car parking for Kilkenny concert? Don't know Kilkenny too well.

valc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

As matches take place often down in Nowlan Park, i'm guessing that O'Loughlin Gaels GAA club will be one parking area which is a 5 minute walk but thats on the Dublin side.

Thats where i'm hoping to park but i'm sure they'll release that info after the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

valc wrote: »
    does anyone know details re car parking for Kilkenny concert? Don't know Kilkenny too well.

valc

depends on which side you are coming from? I think there should be plenty of parking.

O Loughlin's would be ideal although you could get caught getting out afterwards, on the plus side it's right beside Nowlan Park (not even 5 minute walk, more like 2) but on the down side you'll have the crowds to contend with afterwards.

There's parking at the back of Dunnes too which is a less than ten minute walk but I'd say that'll be full all weekend. There are no parking details on the Wrecking Ball Weekender site yet but I reckon there will be details announced early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

anyone know anything about the train?
    Ticketmaster has it "sold out", Irish Rail don't know about it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Meangadh wrote: »
    Well the gates are at 12.30 but I can't see anything starting before 4 or even 5. I'd say Imelda May will be on around 6 but you'll have a better idea once the Saturday show is over, just check what time things kicked off that day and what time the acts were on.

Bruce will be on around 7 or 7.30 so the other bands will be starting pretty soon after gates open to get decent sets. They're all pretty big acts so (I'd) expect 45 mins + for each one, plus stage set-up time in between, starting around 1 or 2.

The running order (Should!) be announced the week before it.

• Advertisement

tracert wrote: »
    starting around 1 or 2.

The running order (Should!) be announced the week before it.

That early? The gates are only at 12.30, they'll hardly start at 1 would they? 4 might be a bit late alright but I dunno if they'll start as early as 1. As you said though, they should give us an indication later this week or early next week.

I can't wait now.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Meangadh wrote: »
    That early? The gates are only at 12.30, they'll hardly start at 1 would they? 4 might be a bit late alright but I dunno if they'll start as early as 1. As you said though, they should give us an indication later this week or early next week.

Sorry, yeah, 1 doesn't make a whole lot of sense now that I do the math! Early enough all the same, I'd say.

It's going to be an unreal weekend. Heading to Cork tomorrow to whet the appetite :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well curfew is apparently 10:25, so I'd expect the Boss onstage at 7 or 7.30 as has been normal at other venues. Work back from there and the music should be starting fairly early.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Since the Kilkenny Gigs are smaller (22,000 people?)- will they bother with a pit in Kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭valc

tnx all. We'll be travelling from Dublin direction. I'm sure traffic flow will be well marshalled!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

chinguetti wrote: »
    As matches take place often down in Nowlan Park, i'm guessing that O'Loughlin Gaels GAA club will be one parking area which is a 5 minute walk but thats on the Dublin side.

Thats where i'm hoping to park but i'm sure they'll release that info after the weekend.

You must be a snail if you think that's a 5 minute walk :pac:.

No more than 50-60 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well curfew is apparently 10:25, so I'd expect the Boss onstage at 7 or 7.30 as has been normal at other venues. Work back from there and the music should be starting fairly early.

adrian522 i hope you dont mind me asking,but where did you here the curfew for nolan park was 10.25. Thanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rough Guess:

LAPD: 4:45 - 5:20
    Imelda May: 5:45 - 6:30
    Bruce: 7:00/7:15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Travelling to and from Dublin Tuesday and Wednesday and saw Park and Ride signs for the Bruce concert on the motorway turn offs to Kilkenny so there must be something set up near the city, which would be dead handy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

You must be a snail if you think that's a 5 minute walk :pac:.

No more than 50-60 seconds.

Not a snail but i meant a 5 minute walk from car seat to match seat.

P.S. If you want a race, bring it on;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

chinguetti wrote: »
    Not a snail but i meant a 5 minute walk from car seat to match seat.

P.S. If you want a race, bring it on;)

But what about the time to get the minerals, crisps and choc ices, then go to your seat, then it'll be a 10 min walk from car park to your seat!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

clickhere wrote: »
    adrian522 i hope you dont mind me asking,but where did you here the curfew for nolan park was 10.25. Thanks.

Think I saw it on the wrecking ball weekender website.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement