Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superannuation Return Without Agency

Options
  • 16-07-2013 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I have emailed my superann. company directly with no response. Basically, I claimed all of my taxback using taxback.com, and I found their service to be value for money (they took less than 10% of my refund as a fee).

However, their fee for superannuation return is much higher and would really not be worth paying them, given the value of my approx return (1,200 aud or so).

Is there any way to claim it back directly? It seems as though they are making this is complex as possible - and my superann. company isn't even responding - wonder why that is.

Many thanks indeed for any responses related to this. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Yes you can claim it back directly also be prepared to get taxed on it.

Go to the ATO website, use the Superannuation seeker to find all your super, then apply to each company directly to claim it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 stamfordbridge

Thanks very much PS; The big question is will I be also be taxed if I use the agency to claim it for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Thanks very much PS; The big question is will I be also be taxed if I use the agency to claim it for me?

Of course you will. It's a government tax. It's unavoidable

• Registered Users Posts: 36 stamfordbridge

As I thought. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

35% tax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭barney150

Hi,
    I applied 4 weeks ago and got my cheque from ATO. How do you cash the cheque in as its in Austrailian dollars, i was in a bank today and the cashier didn't know what to do.

Any idea what charges are also.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭oceancat

barney150 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I applied 4 weeks ago and got my cheque from ATO. How do you cash the cheque in as its in Austrailian dollars, i was in a bank today and the cashier didn't know what to do.

Any idea what charges are also.
    Thanks

Any luck getting your cheque cashed? i just received mine also will go to my bank tommorow to see how it's done/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

So how exactly on the ATO website can you claim it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kfc1210

Advertisement