Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Tallaght - Need names of good areas

Options
  • 16-07-2013 2:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

Moving to Tallaght, don't know the good areas.
    What areas can be searched for from the dropdown on daft within 10 mins drive of Tallaght.

Rent max a week would be 400 I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I'm afraid you wont find any, bud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Some examples: Old Bawn, Kingswood, Belgard, Firhouse within Tallaght. Areas bordering Tallaght - Templeogue, Orwell, Knocklyon, Saggart. All grand lower-middle to middle class areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

I just recently moved to clondalkin, its right next to Tallaght and alot more quiet but everything is very close driving wise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

I forgot to add a route near a luas line would be handy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

400 a week? You should be able to do very nicely on that. Rents in Tallaght for a house are typically between €250 and €350/week.

Problem is that most of the areas the Luas line goes through are the less desirable ones. The decent parts of D24 are at least a 20 minute walk from the line, North and South. That said, there's a set of estates right on the M50 between Tallaght and Ballymount that are decent.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1355570

Right beside the Luas and a settled area with mostly people in their 20s and 30s. The local shops and pub are a bit sketchy, but overall it's fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

How many bedrooms do you want for that 400/week?

How many bedrooms do you want for that 400/week?

Oops just noticed my blunder. 400 a month! Jaysus :L
    What an error to make!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 44 spark23

Kilnamanagh

• Registered Users Posts: 68,832 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Oops just noticed my blunder. 400 a month! Jaysus :L
    What an error to make!!! :P

You are intending to look for a share rather than a house at that rate I presume?

MYOB wrote: »
    You are intending to look for a share rather than a house at that rate I presume?

Yes a share indeed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

I've relatives in Kilnamanagh. Seems like a nice
    qquiet place. Kids are able to go out and play with no hassle. She's there about 15 years and has never had any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

Hey, I'm originally from kilnamanagh and can recommend it, nice and quiet and lots of green spaces. Right beside the luas stop and a big dunnes stores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Lived in Balrotherey for a number of Years, lovely place...nowhere near the Luas but very close to the bypass and a couple of bus routes, one through Rathmines, the other into town also.

Hey, I'm originally from kilnamanagh and can recommend it, nice and quiet and lots of green spaces. Right beside the luas stop and a big dunnes stores

I've looked on daft and there's no houses on it (my budget).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Citycap

goz83 wrote: »
    I'm afraid you wont find any, bud.

Yes.
    Full of the type of people who use "bud" at the end of a sentence

Kiltipper Gate...yay or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Kiltipper Gate...yay or nay?

Being kiltipper Gate i presume this is an apartment? I lived in Kiltipper for a couple of years. It's not bad, but not great either.

As some previous posters have said. Kingswood, Belgard or kilnamanagh would be good choices. all very close to the luas

Where will you have to travel to for work?

Goldigga wrote: »
    Where will you have to travel to for work?

The business park.

Goldigga wrote: »
    Being kiltipper Gate i presume this is an apartment? I lived in Kiltipper for a couple of years. It's not bad, but not great either.

As some previous posters have said. Kingswood, Belgard or kilnamanagh would be good choices. all very close to the luas

Yeah it's an apt. What's not great about it?

• Advertisement

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Goldigga

Yeah it's an apt. What's not great about it?

Kiltipper Gate and some of the immediate surrounding areas such as Ellensborough are Marlfield are fine, but you are very close to Cushlawn / kilinarden and even Deerpark which is a relatively new estate would not be the finest areas of Tallaght let's say!

The shops especially seem to attract a lot of undesirables. by the looks of the security upgrades in the spar, they must have robbed a good few times at this stage!

I suppose it depends on whats important to you. There would be a high percentage of rentals there alright compared to the other areas mentioned which would be more settled. you have the 54a bus to the Square which would link with the luas.

What business park is it?

what about Ballycullen? It's a nice area and these are right on your budget.
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=725038
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=724374

Would Saggart be a good area?

And how is Alderwood park?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Look there's no point asking how all these different areas are-everyone's got different opinions on which area is "good".

You haven't asked about only one area, you've asked about several now and it's impossible to get *everyone* to agree that yes, one certain area is better than the other.

Tallaght is a big place and you're going to find undesirables everywhere, not just in one area.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ciaran511

And how is Alderwood park?

right around the corner from me! Alderwood is a pretty below-average estate, there's a lot of romanian gypsies and the odd 'roughian' or two walking around also.. but there's also a lot of pretty decent people around as well

Alderwood Park itself is like the main road for people entering and exiting the area and there's a Centra at the top of the road :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Guys, Any feedback on Tallaght Cross and Tallaght "Main Street"? Found some good apartments there but not sure if the area is safe or not? Any feedback?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Amouar wrote: »
    Guys, Any feedback on Tallaght Cross and Tallaght "Main Street"? Found some good apartments there but not sure if the area is safe or not? Any feedback?

Thanks

You're safe enough there.
    Main Street means you'd be nearer the Village. Tallaght Cross means you'd be nearer The Square.
    I have a cousin living in Tallaght Cross and he's chuffed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

This is like drawing teeth from a fellow or having a fellow in a KGB interrogation room.
    Any chance he would give all his requirements in one post and people would have been a lot more helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭metaxaaa

Amouar wrote: »

Thanks[/quot

I lived few years near the square is very handy all buses luas square and its very safe

Advertisement