Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Tallaght - Need names of good areas

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 KNolan7

Anybody have any info on seskin view please??

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Seskin View Rd? It's in Old Bawn which is a decent part of Tallaght, quiet enough but again it depends on exactly where in old bawn because parts of it border undesirable areas.

Seskin View Rd? It's in Old Bawn which is a decent part of Tallaght, quiet enough but again it depends on exactly where in old bawn because parts of it border undesirable areas.

Yeah I was hoping to move to seskin view rd? I was just wondering what's the area like for family's and any other information you mite have? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

KNolan7 wrote: »
    Yeah I was hoping to move to seskin view rd? I was just wondering what's the area like for family's and any other information you mite have? Thanks

Its a mature, lower middle class area of south west Dublin. Traffic on Seskin View Road itself can be quite busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Barely Hedged

Several primary and secondary schools in walking distance- St Maelruains in Old Bawn, Scoil Aeoghasa in Balrothery. Secondary - Old Bawn Community School, Firhouse Community College and a Gael Scoil in Tymon Park.

Dodder Park 2 minutes walk.

77a bus route passes down Seskin View Road.

Mature with a small number of families. All houses sold in the 70s and not much people moved on so many long time residents.

All in all, quite good for families.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Yeah, i grew up in Millbrook Lawns just off Seskin View Rd and lived there til recently, same story but with less traffic. Can't count the number of times I left my car unlocked by accident, at least once a week but never had it touched. Very quiet area. I went to Maelruains primary and Old Bawn secondary. Looking back, I should have gone to Firhouse, supposed to be a much better school, but all my friends were going to Old Bawn...

Thanks for all the replies there much appreciated. It sounds like a very nice area just what im looking for:) Is there any things you could go do around the area? Thanks agin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Thanks for all the replies there much appreciated. It sounds like a very nice area just what im looking for:) Is there any things you could go do around the area? Thanks agin

for a start theres a couple of parks right there, theres astro soccer pitches down at Thomas davis, a pitch n putt course in bohernabreena all within 5 mins walk

obviously if your driving you have the cinema close by in the square, driving range, more astro pitches and pitch n putt down at the spawell, theres a few gyms close by.

Shamrock rovers ground is near by if you like going to watch football.

Lots of GAA clubs , soccer clubs

theres plenty to do if you want to do things

Thanks a mill I must look into it now what are the people in the area like does there be any trouble around or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Thanks a mill I must look into it now what are the people in the area like does there be any trouble around or anything?

I have a friend that lives around there. She loves it her neighbours are fantastic.

the closest thing shes seen to trouble was her wheelie bin being taken once and being subsequently found burnt out down in the park.

Not exactly pleasant but hardly southill style anti social squalor

• Advertisement
Advertisement