Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures for the living room...good shop around Limk?

• 16-07-2013 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest some local shop or store with a good selection of pictures for hanging in the house? I just decorated my living-room.

Woodie's on the Ennis Rd. have a good selection but I tried Debenhams, Heatons and Homebase and they have practically nothing.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

Guineys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

tippman1 wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest some local shop or store with a good selection of pictures for hanging in the house? I just decorated my living-room.

Woodie's on the Ennis Rd. have a good selection but I tried Debenhams, Heatons and Homebase and they have practically nothing.

Thanks for any advice.

To maxx have some quirky frames, large canvasses, etc...

Me personally, I print some photos, large canvas print (and frame) personal stuff and my living room has 10 newspapers (that I picked up travelling the US) framed. Odd, I know! Along with signed sports jerseys that I framed myself (bought large frames, deepened the frame at the back and pinned the jersey). 30 quid vs 200!!!

It costs about the same to print and frame stuff myself - than have a generic shop bought one on the wall. Just my 2 cents.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Homestore across from B&Q usually have a decent selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

B&Q have a few as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

allens have a good selection on William street :) also argos have a good range as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭betonit

you'd want to get them in Homestore fast, cos when they're gone they're really gone and anything else you might want could be gone too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Hooked wrote: »
    To maxx have some quirky frames, large canvasses, etc...

Me personally, I print some photos, large canvas print (and frame) personal stuff and my living room has 10 newspapers (that I picked up travelling the US) framed. Odd, I know! Along with signed sports jerseys that I framed myself (bought large frames, deepened the frame at the back and pinned the jersey). 30 quid vs 200!!!

It costs about the same to print and frame stuff myself - than have a generic shop bought one on the wall. Just my 2 cents.

Where do you get this done? I got your man Stacpoole out in Adare to do this a few years ago but I found him expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

Where do you get this done? I got your man Stacpoole out in Adare to do this a few years ago but I found him expensive.

GBM on Hartstonge street. I'm a designer so I set up the file and I'm handy (DIY wise) so I make the frame myself and stretch and staple.

You need to consider the sides of the canvas as its wrapped. I usually photoshop the edges and flip them / mirror them down the sides. You need to have enough to go around the frame and staple at the back.

The quality is great. Ordered another one today.

My canvas frame size is 500 x 333mm, and I'm printing a file, including edges and canvas to wrap - about 700 x 500. Costs about 25/30 euro.

Advertisement