Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent wings

Options
  • 16-07-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've been looking for ages for some decent chicken wings for home cooking/bbq. The ones Tesco sell in their BBQ range are very small and have a lot of veins (?) - not nice. Any I've seen in butchers have been pre-covered in stuff - I'd prefer just to get 20-30 flappers and prepare them myself.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Anywhere in Ireland or somewhere more specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

FX Buckley on Moore Street in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

corblimey wrote: »
    I've been looking for ages for some decent chicken wings for home cooking/bbq. The ones Tesco sell in their BBQ range are very small and have a lot of veins (?) - not nice. Any I've seen in butchers have been pre-covered in stuff - I'd prefer just to get 20-30 flappers and prepare them myself.

Dunnes always have packs on offer, and iirc they are generally free range too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Faith wrote: »
    Anywhere in Ireland or somewhere more specific?

Oh good point. Cork specifically, I guess, and out of town if possible (ie not English Market, it's a joyless experience going into town these days)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

(ie not English Market, it's a joyless experience going into town these days)

Maybe that's because when people do their shopping out of town = failed businesses in town.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh good point. Cork specifically, I guess, and out of town if possible (ie not English Market, it's a joyless experience going into town these days)

I got nice wings in the English Market recently, at the place by the chocolate shop.

Out of town, maybe try Bresnan's in Douglas. Any butchers should have plain wings if you ask for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭katharinewheel

Aldi have recently started stocking plain chicken wings, and they're a pretty decent size/quality wise as well.

I think its €2.79 for a kilo or just under it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Tesco do plain chicken wings. We get them the odd time, cooked with some Franks hot sauce and they are quite tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Chicken thighs are better, just de bone them and cut them into 3 for boneless wings. You also get more meat per kg for give or take the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

+1 on Bresnan's in Douglas shopping center. They do wings both with sauce and without.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

Got a bag of 50 decent sized full wings in Bresnans Douglas for 8euro ... that makes 100 pieces cut up ... kept the kids happy in the garden for the weekend

Advertisement