Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After varicocele surgery, what are my options?

Options
  • 16-07-2013 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

My wife and I are married 2.5years. Naturally we thought that getting pregnant would be easy. I'm 31 and she is 27.

We both had tests done, they found nothing wrong with her, but I had varicoceles that needed surgery. The doctors said that the surgery didnt guarantee anything but that it should improve our chances. Over the last year I've had 3 sperm tests done on different occasions; two before surgery and one recently (7mths after surgery).

The first analysis was the worst. So I made a bit of a lifestyle change, started weight training, eating more red meat and more fish, less alcohol. Never smoked.

The most recent test was no real improvement on my second test. My sperm count is about 22million.

I am getting no advice from my doctor who seems to be in the "you are young, theres plenty of time" camp. I hate that!

So what are my options?

I've heard of IVF obviously, is this the next step? Should we start the adoption procedure as I hear it takes years? Then theres IUI and ICSI...what do we do?

Advertisement