Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile home to rent anyone?

Options
  • 16-07-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi I am looking to rent a mobile/holiday home for 1 or 2 weeks between 10th & 24th Aug.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am looking to stay anywhere from Kilmuckridge to Curracloe!!

Thanks,

Lora

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Most Mobile parks don't rent Vans. People buy the vans and pay yearly rates. I know the owners of here http://sefarrell.com/Blackwater.html and you could ask them do they know anywhere that rents out mobile homes in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

As Navarre says very few of the mobile home sites rent out although you might try Darcy's in Kilmuckridge, they used to let a few. Try Daft.ie, they often have holiday cottages to let on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 loraphelan

Thanks for the info...There are very few out there that rent to the "public"!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

loraphelan wrote: »
    Thanks for the info...There are very few out there that rent to the "public"!

Who do they rent them out to then?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Who do they rent them out to then?
    Well, usually it's the site that's let rather than the mobile home, I think that's what the op is referring to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

bmaxi wrote: »
    Well, usually it's the site that's let rather than the mobile home, I think that's what the op is referring to.

I think the op is referring to them not being let to the "Public" - that's what they said, so who are they being rented to so, if not the "public"...?

vicwatson wrote: »
    I think the op is referring to them not being let to the "Public" - that's what they said, so who are they being rented to so, if not the "public"...?

The mobile homes are all owner occupied. you rent a site, purchase a mobile home and place it on that site, paying an annual site rent to the park owner. The owners are usually precluded from renting or subletting to the general public.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

most of the parks do not allow sub-letting of the mobiles, owner-occupier only. This changed a number of years ago due to mobiles being bought for investment only, rather than occupier use, which often resulted in anti-social behaviour on sites

Advertisement