Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OLD ENGLISH LAW

Options
  • 16-07-2013 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Can anybody direct me to where I might see a copy of the full act : Registration of Deeds (Ireland) Act 1707, thank you
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Her Majesty's Stationary Office in either Belfast or London

This service may have bee privatised since, but that was the old title

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AustinB

nuac wrote: »
    Her Majesty's Stationary Office in either Belfast or London

This service may have bee privatised since, but that was the old title
    No I have tried here, there is no reference to the act, it appears all legislation now only covers england,scotland, northern ireland and wales, no reference to Ireland. But thanks for the suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Library in Trinity would be the best reference source.

THANK YOU I WILL TRY THERE..
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Marcusm wrote: »
    Library in Trinity would be the best reference source.

Is the library in Trinity open for use by anyone?

• Advertisement

loremolis wrote: »
    Is the library in Trinity open for use by anyone?

I have no idea; when I have accessed it, our office librarians obtained the relevant publications.

oP; you should note that the 1707 Act was finally put to death in 2006 having been amended from time to time. I doubt that Trinity's library will have manually updated it so you will need to undertake further searches if you're looking fr the 1707 Act as it applied at a particular point in time.

Also, it wouldn't be old English law. It was an Act of the parliament of the Kingdom of Ireland

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Very small amount of pre-Union Irish legislation here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/aip though the 1707 Act is not among them, they're really only interested in legislation that is still in force in Northern Ireland to be honest.

When you say the 1707 act was put to death, do you mean it was repealed completely and finally by the 2006 Act? or are there elements of the 1707 Act and subsequent amendments which still apply? Thanks for all your help

AustinB wrote: »
    When you say the 1707 act was put to death, do you mean it was repealed completely and finally by the 2006 Act? or are there elements of the 1707 Act and subsequent amendments which still apply? Thanks for all your help

Section 6 of the Registration of Deeds and Title Act 2006 repealed the 1707 Act to the extent not already appealed. I haven't traced through the commencement of the 2006 Act; however, I believe it to have been fully commenced at this stage.

Advertisement