Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thin Eyebrows!

Options
  • 16-07-2013 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

I used to have nice eyebrows when I was younger but a trip a beautician before my debs resulted in a scalping of my brows! I was 18 at the time and I'm 25 now... I've been trying to grow them out for years but they don't seem to be able to grow back thicker..just random hairs :( I've been using benefit brow zings for the last two years to fill them in/shape them but I'd love to have natural looking eyebrows again.

Can anyone recommend any home remedies/cosmetics that stimulate growth? I've heard of stimulash but it has mixed reviews.. Are HD brows any good for stimulating growth (I've also heard mixed reviews about that!)

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

I was told by the person who threaded my eyebrows to try rubbing Vaseline or olive oil on the eyebrow area every day and this should simulate growth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Revitalash is supposed to be good, they have an eyebrow version too. I have never used it though, so can't really comment.

I have heard about Vaseline too, and also lanolin is also supposed to work. These are both cheap options available in any chemist, so I would try these for a couple of months before buying more expensive products.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kitschy_Cat

Thanks! I'll give some vasoline a try for a few months and see how it works out. I might combine it with castor oil to help thicken and grow them out. Fingers crossed they grow out because I'm tired of practically drawing them on hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lover_of_life

I was told by the person who threaded my eyebrows to try rubbing Vaseline or olive oil on the eyebrow area every day and this should simulate growth.

+1 on vaseline. i put it on before i go to bed every night. it not only help with hair growth but also softens the eye brows. Hope it works for you op. (I know the torment of getting your eyebrows scalped in a beauticians :-( .

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭LNH666

Sorry for reopening an oldie, but, how did you get on with the Vaseline & Oil? I figured this thread is old enough now for you to have some success with something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

To anyone here who has a problem trying to grow back over plucked or very thin brows, THIS WORKS http://www.lilash.com/en-ie/?gclid=CN3hoLqJ070CFbQWMgodxiUAfg

It's pricey, but worth every cent. I've being ordering from this company for years and have never had a problem with their products, all of them have done exactly what they have promised on the site. And no sneaky import duty that you have to pay. Just make sure you us the official site, a lot of cheaper fakes knocking around on EBay etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

My HD Brow lady had all her brows burnt off and she swears by rubbing pure caster oil into the area for growth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

None of the above suggestions will do anything. Oil isn't strong enough to get deep into the surface of the skin. One thing that will work is rogaine which is used by men to stop baldness and regrow hair. I have heard of dermatogolists recommending it as a way of regrowing eyebrows.

That's genius. Why did I not think of that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

LNH666 wrote: »
    That's genius. Why did I not think of that!!!

I heard it from this guy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWl7rIYGLnCwVpuO1DmrEUQ

He is a top dermatologist in NYC. He has hundreds of amazing videos on anything skin related. Another good tip I got from him was glycolic acid which is similar to retin-a (prescription only cream, but more irritating to the skin than glycolic acid.)

Here is his eyebrow video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNYK_UL-qtg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

Just to add to my earlier post regarding the LiLash. I guarantee it does work. I would never recommend a product (particularly one as pricey as this) unless I had seen first hand evidence that it works, myself and my friends have all had amazing results with it. The sicence behind it, is that it contains a prostaglandin analog, that WILL make your brows or (depending where you put it) lashes grow, infact a friend of mine who haveing gone through chemotherapy lost all her brows and lashes used it with incredible results.

Sorry, I know I sound like a company shill. I'm not I promise. I just think it's a fantastic product and wanted to share :)

BTW There are lots of reviews on independent sites like Make Up Alley, EBay YouTube (yeah,I know there can some be shills there too) that testify what a great product it is, but honestly the only way you will find out for deffo, is if you buy for yourself. Go on, you're worth.

Oh and that Rogaine trick works too.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

Oil will actually penetrate into the hair shaft, it's been proven that rich oils such as cator/olive/mustard/coconut can all stimulate hair growth and do so by nourishing the roots. Oil can't absorb into skin cells but it can penetrate the hair follicles.

Vaseline however won't do much but protect the hairs you already have. I've tried Revitalash on my own eyelashes and found it pretty crap to be honest. Talika is meant to be brilliant, it was originally created for women who'd gone through chemo and were looking to regrow their lashes and brows.

I tried Grow baby grow and didn't notice much differene. I use Castor Oil on my hair once a week and find it brilliant. That's what I'm trying with my eyebrows. The right is doing well - the left is still lagging behind..... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kitschy_Cat

4 years later and I still have thin brows 😂 I tried castor oil for a few months, I didn't notice much of a difference. I've been using Rapid Brow for 2.5months and have noticed a few more hairs but nothing significant. I'll continue with that for a while and see how I get on!

Has anyone had PhiBrows? They look great when they're first done but I can't seem to find many "after" posts.. Like 2, 6, 12 months on to see how they look. Granted, everyone is different but you should notice a trend (if there is one) if you see a lot of after photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Has anyone had PhiBrows? They look great when they're first done but I can't seem to find many "after" posts.. Like 2, 6, 12 months on to see how they look. Granted, everyone is different but you should notice a trend (if there is one) if you see a lot of after photos.

Well I know a few bloggers have had this type of treatment done. Pippa O Connor being the main one that springs to mind. I've seen good results that are long lasting but I think 12 months is the max.....i could be wrong tho. Would love to do it myself.
    If anyone has recommendations for under 400euro, let me know please!

Advertisement