Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband glanmire

Options
  • 16-07-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Hi

any suggestions which mobile broadband is the best for the glanmire area

there is a landline connection in the appt but really dont want to get a telephone contract, its purely internet that we want.

thanks for any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

if you can get UPC id say go for it, great deals and speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Milly33 wrote: »
    if you can get UPC id say go for it, great deals and speeds

wish I could but upc not available to us

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

ah pants, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lord Pounder

We use Vodafone at home and the speeds are pretty good. An average of about 4 - 6 Megs on a service advertised to be 8 is pretty good these days. €45 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

we have a three dongle at moment some days its ok and other days its unusable...at moment im getting 1.15mbps which is good given how slow it does get

anyone use a vodafone dongle in glanmire area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

iv found the dongles crap in glanmire. landline is the only was to get decent and constant internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

The fibre powered landline broadband (vdsl) is kicking off in glanmire from end of September. The eircom and Vodafone reps are out in force since all the hardware has been installed. If you're within 500m of the upgraded cabs you'll see anywhere from 70mb to 25mb. More importantly though you'll see far better upload speed. And effectively no download caps, unlike the mobile broadband solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jamesdarabrady

Hi, thinking of moving to Edenbrook Lawn and just wondering if anyone has advice regarding broadband? Who is the best provider? Or might mobile broadband be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Living in Glanmire all my life. Have had both Eir and Sky broadband, no hassle with either

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jamesdarabrady

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Living in Glanmire all my life. Have had both Eir and Sky broadband, no hassle with either

Thanks for that. Any idea about download speeds? I was looking at the Vodafone mobile broadband and it's says possible download speeds in that part of Glanmire of 60mbps

• Advertisement
Advertisement