Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee machine Tassimo T4

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Good stuff!
    I was onto their customer service expressing my disappointment that I could buy the machine but not the discs a few weeks ago.
    they had said that they didn't currently stock them but would look into it.

Maybe they were listening!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Good stuff!
    I was onto their customer service expressing my disappointment that I could buy the machine but not the discs a few weeks ago.
    they had said that they didn't currently stock them but would look into it.

Maybe they were listening!

Lol maybe so because on the very top shelf where they stock the boxes, there was a couple of Tassimo boxes and wrote on the sticker on the side was 'Requested'. :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'll check my local Tesco tomorrow. Didn't see any in Lucan on Friday but wasn't really looking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Well I wait and see what shows up in my local store.

I used a German shop recently which shipped via DPD (3 days it took) because they had way more brands and flavours (including the nice Scandinavian Gevalia and Côte D´Or Chocolate) than even the Tassimo.co.uk store (and they also delivered faster).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭b318isp

Tassimo is due to launch in Ireland in September, so hopefully pods should appear in the Irish multiples then.

• Advertisement

b318isp wrote: »
    Tassimo is due to launch in Ireland in September, so hopefully pods should appear in the Irish multiples then.

Where'd you see that? :)

DaLad wrote: »
    Where'd you see that? :)

Let's say, insider knowledge (I work for it's parent company).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Tesco Dun Laoghaire have a T-Disks in stock.

Let's say, insider knowledge (I work for it's parent company).

any chance of an insider discount? We'd get the worth of mouth going for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

6.79 a bit steep for the costa lattes no?

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    any chance of an insider discount? We'd get the worth of mouth going for you!

Well, I'm not in that part of the business I'm afraid!

cyberspi wrote: »
    6.79 a bit steep for the costa lattes no?

Not really as they're £4.99 on the Tassimo site anyway. £4.99 = €5.81

I'd pay the extra euro for convenience of buying a single pack when needed rather then in bulk which is required from the Tassimo site, a minimum order of £35 to get free delivery on there.

Well, I'm not in that part of the business I'm afraid!

We wont hold that against you!

Does someone know if the machine we got is able to read the barcode of all worldwide available capsules?

For example, if I'm in Canada and buy some nice Horton capsules will I be able to use them in my machine here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Does someone know if the machine we got is able to read the barcode of all worldwide available capsules?

For example, if I'm in Canada and buy some nice Horton capsules will I be able to use them in my machine here?

I don't see why not. The barcode itself just tells the machine what temperature, how much water and what pressure etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

yes the newer models can, some of the much older models couldn't process some of the milks....

did everyone get the mail today to say free delivery with orders over £25? also, has anyone received their refer a friend gift yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

did everyone get the mail today to say free delivery with orders over £25? also, has anyone received their refer a friend gift yet?

No and no.

yes and no

yes the newer models can, some of the much older models couldn't process some of the milks....

Unfortunately I have to tell you that this not fully correct, I have now some nice Tim Horton capsules which are supposed to produce 11 fl oz of goodness (325 ml) but the machine only gives me 6 fl oz (177 ml). So I asked a friend in Canada to test and his machine gives him the full 11 fl oz.

The only remedy is to press the "more" button and to manually do the 11 fl oz because with 6 fl oz the coffee is too strong.

Otherwise however I have no problems with the Gevalia or Marabou, only the horton is creating a problem, maybe the fl oz to ml conversation in the machine is off ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

No and no also, and now my £20 credit, which I tried to use last night, doesn't work and customer services are telling me to ring them to process it. Argh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Unfortunately I have to tell you that this not fully correct, I have now some nice Tim Horton capsules which are supposed to produce 11 fl oz of goodness (325 ml) but the machine only gives me 6 fl oz (177 ml). So I asked a friend in Canada to test and his machine gives him the full 11 fl oz.

The only remedy is to press the "more" button and to manually do the 11 fl oz because with 6 fl oz the coffee is too strong.

Otherwise however I have no problems with the Gevalia or Marabou, only the horton is creating a problem, maybe the fl oz to ml conversation in the machine is off ;-)

An easier option might be to open the disc holder and it reads like it is a fresh disc. Just press the dispense button again rather than having to hold it.;)

loopymum wrote: »
    An easier option might be to open the disc holder and it reads like it is a fresh disc. Just press the dispense button again rather than having to hold it.;)

Excellent idea, thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Tesco Wilton Cork have Tassimo Costa latte - €6.79 and Costa Americano and Cappuccino - €5.79

I think maybe Tesco might start stocking the Tassimo machines too!

Spotted this one today in Tesco Arklow and at a very reasonable price of €65! There was just one tho and it was on the very top shelf.

2013-08-25134453.jpg
    2013-08-25134423-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rhene31

Mine arrived today and looks like it was used! Think they had a return due to leakage or something, refurbished it and I got it:/ There is a coffee stain around the top outside of the nozzle...nothing that should be there if it worked properly or is new for that matter:(

So I have called the guys..they won't admit to doing it, but we all know how it works. Sending it back and waiting for a replacement..waiting again! Just can't get enough of waiting to get my coffee..heh

Anyone had a situation like that before? They suppose to send me a label to post it back for free( I wouldn't have it any other way;) but it looks like they are a bit slow in responding to emails or acting upon requests

Can't wait to see tassimo in my local tesco, especially if the machine is €65! Would buy another one for husband when he's away at work:)

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Just picked up one in Tesco Newbridge for €65 not to shabby. Also got two packs of the Costa disks. Anybody know where I can get the cadburys disks for hot chocolate. Thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Just picked up one in Tesco Newbridge for €65 not to shabby. Also got two packs of the Costa disks. Anybody know where I can get the cadburys disks for hot chocolate. Thx.

You can get them on Amazon delivered free if you spend £25 or over,they also sell suchards hot chocolate which IMO tastes better than cadburys,and i do like my hot chocolate :)

In an earlier post of mine on this thread, I had a photo of Tesco in Waterford's stock of Tassimo disks, so if they don't have them in your Tesco, try another near you or ask them to get them in?
    NATLOR wrote: »
    You can get them on Amazon delivered free if you spend £25 or over,they also sell suchards hot chocolate which IMO tastes better than cadburys,and i do like my hot chocolate :)

I also agree, I prefer the Suchard! Before I got my Tassimo machine, I seen people online saying how the suchards tasted a little watery. After I got my first order of Tassimo disks which included all 3 hot chocolates, Cadburys, Milka & Suchards. I have to say Suchards is my favourite! Half the price of Cadburys & Milka too as it doesn't require a milk disk, so you get 16 per packet compared to 8 with Cadburys/Milka.

Just make sure when you make a Suchard hot chocolate, to give it a good stir before drinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rhene31

Not to far from Newbridge, did they have more machines? And is it the t40 you got? They didn't have them in Naas but they have the Cadbury chocolate, costa Americans and latte now. If it is the t40 for €65 I have definitely over paid for mine:/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

Slightly off topic but I wasn't sure if this deserved a separate thread:

Having used Nespresso in a previous job I didn't like the idea of being locked into using pods so I've just ordered this bean to cup machine
    http://fr.camelcamelcamel.com/Saeco-RI9752-Machine-Espresso-Automatique/product/B001GMAGXW
    Obviously its a bit more expensive but according to camelcamelcamel its about as cheap as it's ever bean ;-)
    With tax and delivery it works out just under €217

There's also a slightly cheaper option which is also at it's lowest price
    http://fr.camelcamelcamel.com/Saeco-HD8743-Machine-Espresso-Automatique/product/B00403ZDPU

Both are way cheaper than retail or Amazon UK and also cheaper than Amazon Germany, Italy or Spain.

Hope that's useful to someone

Advertisement