Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee machine Tassimo T4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

and £20 credit in vouchers

Site says the 20 pounds of free coffee offer is expired since yesterday...

user "smartdave" on the op's link has a good summary review of the coffees available on that thread - good since they are fairly pricey to be trying them all - most of the coffees don't sound very good by his reviews so might be waste getting this to use only for generic disks?

Coffees:
    Kenco Medium Roast - Large Drink, too weak.
    Costa Americano - Even Larger, too weak.
    Kenco Cafe Crema - Slightly better than Medium Roast, slightly smaller with froth on top.
    Kenco Columbian - says it is fruity, yuk.
    Carte Noire Voluptuoso Kenya - Also fruity. Some days I think "Hmmm interesting", other days "Yuk".
    ....long list cut short...
    Mastro Lorenzo Crema INTENSO - DRINK IT EVERY DAY. Lovely, strong, great body.
    ....long list cut short...

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Kingkong wrote: »
    Whiles its only £10 if useless without the pods or can it take your own coffee.
    There was a bargain alert here before about this. You can buy empty pods on amazon/ebay for pennies and put your own coffee in them. Good coffee bargains pop up here regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

stevenmu wrote: »
    There was a bargain alert here before about this. You can buy empty pods on amazon/ebay for pennies and put your own coffee in them. Good coffee bargains pop up here regularly.

Not for Tassimo machines, I don't think...

I suspect this machine may end up in the attic, alongside the Epson printer and Soda Stream...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

stevenmu wrote: »

Not for tassimo as these machines read the barcode on the disc. I have a tassimo about six months now & I love it. I buy the discs on amazon using subscribe & save. I find the tassimo site is out of stock a lot of the time.
    Tesco I believe used to sell them before I got my machine but as far as I know the discs can't be purchased in the Republic (open to correction here).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

podge3 wrote: »
    Just got my dispatch email :D.

Just to confirm before i order,did you use an Irish credit card and P.M. address?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

just got a dispatch email using irish credit card and PM

ozmo wrote: »
    Site says the 20 pounds of free coffee offer is expired since yesterday...

user "smartdave" on the op's link has a good summary review of the coffees available on that thread - good since they are fairly pricey to be trying them all - most of the coffees don't sound very good by his reviews so might be waste getting this to use only for generic disks?

The £20 of free coffee is still available, its done directly on the tassimo site and is received when you register the machine

godtabh wrote: »
    Nice one, thanks for that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

NATLOR wrote: »
    Just to confirm before i order,did you use an Irish credit card and P.M. address?
    Yep, thats it.

I filled in my correct billing address but with the PM postcode. I didn't think it would work but it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Same here. Used Irish billing address and PM delivery address.
    Am I right in saying the £20 free credit that u get when u register the serial number will not work anymore?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

NATLOR wrote: »
    The £20 of free coffee is still available, its done directly on the tassimo site and is received when you register the machine
    iggy wrote: »
    Same here. Used Irish billing address and PM delivery address.
    Am I right in saying the £20 free credit that u get when u register the serial number will not work anymore?

seems to be still on the go

Just got my despatch confirmation. I only used my PM address.

I don't remember asking for any billing address..

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Way hay! Got dispatch confirmation email also. I used PM for delivery, home address for billing, but using BT11AA as postcode as my usual attempts putting 'none' or '00000' or 'AA' didn't work.

Thanks a million op, now must investigate buying pods, either subscribe and save from Amazon or try out refillable ones if available.

if there is any links to refillable ones post here

if there is any links to refillable ones post here
    Im fairly certain a refillable disc isnt available as the barcode on the lid is scanned by the machine to determine what product you are using and despenses the correct amount of water etc.Clever move by bosch, really ties you in to buying the discs whIch im sure is where they make their money!

Hasnt stopped me buying one though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I have also received my dispatch email this evening. Tracking number says 2 day delivery so should have it in front of me by Saturday morning! :D

(after PM process)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

DaLad wrote: »
    I have also received my dispatch email this evening. Tracking number says 2 day delivery so should have it in front of me by Saturday morning! :D

(after PM process)

I think the lorry from Belfast to Dublin on Friday night will be full of T4 machines.

Has anybody gotten it via PM yet, I mean actually received?

I'm slightly concerned that with packaging it is going to be over the allowed 41 X 38 X 64 cm for a locker and might require depot pickup or extra charge delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Is anyone buying discs in advance or waiting to enter serial number on the tassimo site?
    Haven't a clue about these things as never bought discs or pods before.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I think the lorry from Belfast to Dublin on Friday night will be full of T4 machines.

Has anybody gotten it via PM yet, I mean actually received?

I'm slightly concerned that with packaging it is going to be over the allowed 41 X 38 X 64 cm for a locker and might require depot pickup or extra charge delivery.

It will be fine, I have one, checked the size of the box, and have got much larger boxed things delivered via PM

iggy wrote: »
    Is anyone buying discs in advance or waiting to enter serial number on the tassimo site?
    Haven't a clue about these things as never bought discs or pods before.

Amazon have a good selection and the reviews give a good idea of taste,strength etc.which saves buying on trial and error..they are a bit pricey for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I got a dispatch email, I hope it will be in the Parcel motel by Saturday so my sister can pick it up or else I will have to get them to courier it on to me.

Does anyone know how to arrange that, do I wait till I get the text from them or arrange if beforehand with PM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

mik_da_man wrote: »
    It will be fine, I have one, checked the size of the box, and have got much larger boxed things delivered via PM

Thank you mik_da_man .

Any one interested in a bulk buy? I might email Tassimo to see if they would do regular bulk buy discounts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Mine has been delivered to PM :)

Looks like it was delivered by DPD Ireland. I got a text this morning from an Irish mobile to my (Irish) mobile to say that it was out for delivery.

The package probably came in through Dublin port last night and was taken North this morning :rolleyes:. Why do UK companies refuse to ship to "Ireland" or charge an arm and a leg for the privilege?

Looks like it was delivered by DPD Ireland. I got a text this morning from an Irish mobile to my (Irish) mobile to say that it was out for delivery.

The package probably came in through Dublin port last night and was taken North this morning :rolleyes:. Why do UK companies refuse to ship to "Ireland" or charge an arm and a leg for the privilege?

When did you order/get your dispatch notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Mine is still in sortation but I imagine alot of UK companies won't ship here because of VAT, I think if they sell over 75000 euro worth they need to register for Irish VAT as well.

Another possilbe reason is the recycling issue and WEE guidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

?

Same here. Ordered Mon 15th c. 13.00; dispatch email Tues 16th c. 17.00. Awaiting my PM text in the morning!

• Advertisement

Just got my DPD delivery email/text. Should be with parcel motel by 10:30. Might get it today/tomorrow

Advertisement