Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee machine Tassimo T4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

cyberspi wrote: »
    you need it when you want to run a cleaning cycle or want to descale the machine, they can be bought online separately

I'll see if Dundrum Tesco has any sealed ones tomorrow morning and return this one if I manage to nab one. Otherwise I'll order the part online. Thanks a mill :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

b1qx.jpg

My lattes dont like as nice as some others!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

godtabh wrote: »
    [/URL]

There are different lattes available. You must be using the Costa, to get the nice 3 layered show above you need to use Carte Noire Latte Macchiato or Jacobs Latte Macchiato Less sweet, the Macchiato makes the difference. It's still 2 capsules (milk/coffee) but the milk is done in 2 different ways allowing you to have the 3 layers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

it was a caramel latte. I think it was costa but cant remember.

Got the last T40 in Tesco Dundrum, exchanged the one I got in Ballybrack for it, delighted.

Now to get coffee pods...

• Advertisement

fartyarse wrote: »
    Got the last T40 in Tesco Dundrum, exchanged the one I got in Ballybrack for it, delighted.

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You're meant to use the milk t-disc first.
    I think you used to coffee one first by the looks of it did you?
    That's what they look like after you stir them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Good stuff. I've ordered from Amazon and vTassimo so race to see which pods arrive first. I'm a bit too excited!!

DaLad wrote: »
    You're meant to use the milk t-disc first.
    I think you used to coffee one first by the looks of it did you?
    That's what they look like after you stir them in.

I did!

Where does it say to use the milk first?

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Good stuff. I've ordered from Amazon and vTassimo so race to see which pods arrive first. I'm a bit too excited!!

It's the Mammy's birthday present (birthday is Friday) and my brothers always enlist me as chief present-getter, and they supply the cash, so I'm not one bit excited for this but she will LOVE it!

Ordered loads of Carte Noire Latte discs from Amazon, total came to 35 euro delivered, that's more than half the price of the feckin' machine! Still though, forty cups of coffee for her.

Total for machine and discs came to 100 euro even. Not too shabby at all!

• Advertisement

I did!

Where does it say to use the milk first?

Well that's how you make lattes manually. So the espresso floats on top of the milk but underneath the foam, so it looks all nice and layered. Then you mix it all up for taste.

Apart from that, on the Carte Noire Caramel Latte Macchiato box, it says to use the milk t-disc first.

That's strange then if you did it in that order and it didn't come out layered :S

Which latte was it? Costa latte?

It's the Mammy's birthday present (birthday is Friday) and my brothers always enlist me as chief present-getter, and they supply the cash, so I'm not one bit excited for this but she will LOVE it!

Ordered loads of Carte Noire Latte discs from Amazon, total came to 35 euro delivered, that's more than half the price of the feckin' machine! Still though, forty cups of coffee for her.

Total for machine and discs came to 100 euro even. Not too shabby at all!

Anyone who likes coffee at all will LOVE this machine. I'm sure she'll get plenty of enjoyment from it :D

Anyone who likes coffee at all will LOVE this machine. I'm sure she'll get plenty of enjoyment from it :D

I hope so :)

She loves lattes and has been pining for a coffee machine for ages and she won't spend the money on herself. Pity she won't have the discs to try it out til Monday but better late than never!

I hope so :)

She loves lattes and has been pining for a coffee machine for ages and she won't spend the money on herself. Pity she won't have the discs to try it out til Monday but better late than never!
    Yeah lol...
    Sorry-Im-Latte.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

This may be a daft question, but I'm asking anyway.. Does Costa stock/sell discs?

This may be a daft question, but I'm asking anyway.. Does Costa stock/sell discs?

I was only saying whilst passing a Costa shop yesterday. "You'd think they'd sell the discs wouldn't ya!"

I haven't seen them in there and just bought a mocha pot from there last week but I never specifically asked for the t-discs neither :o

Well that's how you make lattes manually. So the espresso floats on top of the milk but underneath the foam, so it looks all nice and layered. Then you mix it all up for taste.

Apart from that, on the Carte Noire Caramel Latte Macchiato box, it says to use the milk t-disc first.

That's strange then if you did it in that order and it didn't come out layered :S

Which latte was it? Costa latte?

As far as I can remember its the costa latte. Will check tonight.

As far as I can remember its the costa latte. Will check tonight.

Actually just looking at the packet for the Costa Latte (which I don't have)
    it looks like the one you made in your photo, so maybe that's just how the Costa ones look.

The Carte Noire Latte Macchiato which I have tried, look exactly like their pic on the packet too.
    See the difference on the packets, maybe it's the macchiato part that makes the difference:

COSTA_Latte_Packshot_600.jpg
    51xcbwEnXJL.jpg

Now not to get too technical but a Latte is different from a Latte Macchiato (which is why the pictures on both packages and real life look different).

In a Latte milk is added to an espresso (if you do it right) while in a Latte Macchiato espresso is added to the milk where the milk is not only hot but also partly foamed and only 1/2 of an espresso shot is added.

A Latte is espresso with milk topped up while a Latte Macchiato is milk with added espresso creating a 3 layer drink.

Now not to get too technical but a Latte is different from a Latte Macchiato (which is why the pictures on both packages and real life look different).

In a Latte milk is added to an espresso (if you do it right) while in a Latte Macchiato espresso is added to the milk where the milk is not only hot but also partly foamed and only 1/2 of an espresso shot is added.

A Latte is espresso with milk topped up while a Latte Macchiato is milk with added espresso creating a 3 layer drink.

Thanks, was trying to figure out what the main difference was between them. Just basically the order in which they're put in then really huh.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 87 ✭✭F35

Thanks a lot boards for the caramel latte macchiato craving :(

...Wish there was a starbucks near me

Who needs starbucks when you have a Tissamo at home!

• Site Banned Posts: 87 ✭✭F35

Who needs starbucks when you have a Tissamo at home!

True, true!

just check. I was using the Carte Noire Latte Macchiato but with the coffee first. Tried it the other way around and it looked better but had to mix it to get the taste

just check. I was using the Carte Noire Latte Macchiato but with the coffee first. Tried it the other way around and it looked better but had to mix it to get the taste

Glad you got it sorted. Still pretty awesome for such a convenient machine :D

Excellent, now you can also try to add syrup to the experience which is better if you don't like to mix.

Great news for all us Tassimo owners!

Tesco Ireland have now started selling the Tassimo discs!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

2013-08-11164151.jpg

Great news for all us Tassimo owners!

Tesco Ireland have now started selling the Tassimo discs!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

2013-08-11164151.jpg

In which Store was that, I had none in Clarehall yesterday and online I only find the costa which is out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Ha! I called into Costa today and the lady behind the counter said that Tesco sold them. I thanked her politely but thought 'liar' to myself as I left. :D

• Advertisement

In which Store was that, I had none in Clarehall yesterday and online I only find the costa which is out of stock.

This was in the Tesco Ardkeen store in Waterford. They looked like they were only freshly placed there today or very recently at least so hopefully they'll be springing up in all the Tesco's now and staying there for good! :cool:

Advertisement