Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom wont stop calling my house

Options
  • 16-07-2013 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭

Hi all, looking for advice.
    I am no longer under contract with Eircom, and at the moment have (had) no intention of changing, it just suits me to be able to cancel at short notice if things changed.

As a result of this, I am getting far too many phone calls from Eircom about new offers and such like, all of which of course involve getting into a new contract. After the first 5 or so of these calls over about two months, I requested that my number go on a do not call list, and they stopped for a while. Two months later, they began again and these nice people were ringing asking to tell me about new offers. I have since then asked at least 5 times to be put on do not call list and each time was promised the calls would stop and they would not ring again.

Low and behold, yesterday I got another one. I spoke to a supervisor and he told me that due to their being different offices for Eircom, just because I am on one do not call list does not mean I am on a general one. He suggested that I call 1901 and ask to be put on a blanket do not call. I tried this three times. There is no option to speak to an operator, and went through the rigmarole of trying different divisions. Twice I was cut off, and on the third attempt, I got to a call centre voicemail telling me the call centre was closed (at 1pm on a Monday). Why is the onus on me to get Eircom to stop ringing me? Why  is it so difficult to get through to somebody who can fix this? I am very close to just closing down my home line and broadband with Eircom if somebody doesn't help me get this sorted and STOP CALLING ME!!! Kind of funny that hassling phone calls are coming from the provider of the phone line...

Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Archeron wrote: »
    Hi all, looking for advice.
    I am no longer under contract with Eircom, and at the moment have (had) no intention of changing, it just suits me to be able to cancel at short notice if things changed.

As a result of this, I am getting far too many phone calls from Eircom about new offers and such like, all of which of course involve getting into a new contract. After the first 5 or so of these calls over about two months, I requested that my number go on a do not call list, and they stopped for a while. Two months later, they began again and these nice people were ringing asking to tell me about new offers. I have since then asked at least 5 times to be put on do not call list and each time was promised the calls would stop and they would not ring again.

Low and behold, yesterday I got another one. I spoke to a supervisor and he told me that due to their being different offices for Eircom, just because I am on one do not call list does not mean I am on a general one. He suggested that I call 1901 and ask to be put on a blanket do not call. I tried this three times. There is no option to speak to an operator, and went through the rigmarole of trying different divisions. Twice I was cut off, and on the third attempt, I got to a call centre voicemail telling me the call centre was closed (at 1pm on a Monday). Why is the onus on me to get Eircom to stop ringing me? Why  is it so difficult to get through to somebody who can fix this? I am very close to just closing down my home line and broadband with Eircom if somebody doesn't help me get this sorted and STOP CALLING ME!!! Kind of funny that hassling phone calls are coming from the provider of the phone line...

Any advice?

Hi Archeron

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I will do my best to remove you from eircoms calling database and let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭Archeron

Thanks Alan, appreciate the reply. Will PM you the account number later today.

Thanks Alan, appreciate the reply. Will PM you the account number later today.

Ok Archeron

I'll keep an eye on my inbox and let you know when action has been taken.

Thanks

Al

Nice one Alan, thanks for help via PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

just tell them that their call is important to you and ask them to remain on the line. Leave the phone down and go about your business. After a few minutes of dead air they will get tired an hang up.

• Advertisement

No worries Archeron

Thanks

Al

Hi Alan,

You'll never guess. Another call yesterday and another call today. I wasn't available as in work but somebody else answered and was told yesterday they would ring back last night at 8.00pm so that I could speak to them, and I was looking forward to asking why they were calling again. They didn't though, instead have called back this morning.

I dont want to sound like a drama queen, but I am getting seriously p*ssed off now and am really considering cancelling every service I have with Eircom. I know we spoke over PM the specific reason I want this to stop, and that still applies.  What a great way to drive away existing customers. Any suggestions??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Alan,

You'll never guess. Another call yesterday and another call today. I wasn't available as in work but somebody else answered and was told yesterday they would ring back last night at 8.00pm so that I could speak to them, and I was looking forward to asking why they were calling again. They didn't though, instead have called back this morning.

I dont want to sound like a drama queen, but I am getting seriously p*ssed off now and am really considering cancelling every service I have with Eircom. I know we spoke over PM the specific reason I want this to stop, and that still applies.  What a great way to drive away existing customers. Any suggestions??

Hi,

I see Al issued the order to remove you from the national directory database on the 17/07/13  REF: 4882908CH

I have sent a follow on to sales and marketing to insure your details are removed from our lead list.

We will follow up with you next week.

Mark

Hi Mark. Any update? regards.

Hi Mark. Any update? regards.

Hi Archeron

I am still waiting on confirmation and I will let you know as soon as I do.

Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Jaysus guys the old customer stalking service needs looking at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Jaysus guys the old customer stalking service needs looking at
    Hi DesperateDan
    yes, and "times are hard" is not an excuse :D  we have passed on this info and the issue of repeated outbound calls is being looked into.
    Tony

Tony, have you confirmed this is sorted? After numerous atttemped phone calls to your customer care and these threads and private messages, I would have thought you could have confirmed this sorted. 

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭sidcon

Why don't you just get onto comreg and make a complaint. If as you say you did requested them to stop calling, then after 28 days its illegal for them to do it.
    I reported them before and I've never had an issue once I reported them to comreg.
    Eircom think they are a law to themselves due to owning the lines we all rent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Comreg is the way to go.
    You've been more than fair to eircom, and yet they continue to insult you.

Dear Eircom, 
    Last ditch attempt, is this sorted? I have to say I fail to see the purpose of this forum, it just seems to be a list of eircom customers being ignored. The two posters above have given good advise, is this the way to go? 

Dear Eircom, 
    Last ditch attempt, is this sorted? I have to say I fail to see the purpose of this forum, it just seems to be a list of eircom customers being ignored. The two posters above have given good advise, is this the way to go? 

Hi Archeron

I have sent on the request again through the process we have in place. It can take some time to filter across all systems and channels.

Mark

Advertisement